bersa ulra compac 9mm

bersa ulra compac 9mm

This is a discussion on bersa ulra compac 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking of getting a bersa 9mm. I have a gen3 g23, So I would like to get something different.I have looked at alot of ...

bersa ulra compac 9mm

I'm thinking of getting a bersa 9mm. I have a gen3 g23, So I would like to get something different.I have looked at alot of the you-tube on besra and no complaints about it. I would like to know anyone on this forum as own or shot this gun. Thanks for your input.

Don't own one. Was checking the specs on it. 27 oz empty. Yeek. I don't carry my .45 acp amt backup much because it weighs 23 oz empty. My Kel Tec P11 weighs 20 oz loaded. That is just about the top limit for me. I live in Florida and wear shorts pretty much year around. Pocket carry is what I do. If the particular shorts I'm wearing print with my P11 I switch to my BG380. Compact for concealed carry means diffferent things to different folks. If you always belt carry, then weight probably doesn't mean much to you. Since I pocket carry, weight is everything to me.

I purchased my first one in 2005 for $285 NIB and LOVE the guns so much I have bought several more since. There were a few problems with the early .45ACP models - which are based on the same design (weak springs mainly) - but they have long since been cleared up. Actually, it was because of the problems I had with a UC-45 that I got a UC-9 and have never looked back. If you ask ANYONE who has ever bought a Bersa 9 UC they will universally praise the little pistols. There are several Bersa forums and if you want to find out what owners really think, check there. On any gun forum owners/users will be the first to complain if there's a problem but I challenge you to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Bersa 9's. They are accurate, easy to operate and clean, VERY reasonably priced and reliable. Like a Timex watch they can take a lickin' but still keep tickin' at a price you can afford. I own well over a dozen semi-auto pistols, some for nearly 30 years, and if I could only take one it would be a Bersa UC-9.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I have a couple of the 9UC's and 45UC's. My older 9UC is carried a lot, and I trust it completly. Buy without reservation. They are good guns, just not terribly expensive.

Older Pre-rail......

newer Pro Model......first time to the range, all 13 rounds went into one ragged hole at 7 yards....thought I was missing the target after the first shot. Pro Model includes polyganol rifling in the barrel (just like a Glock)
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I've got an older Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact and I love that gun. Well built, reliable, not picky about ammo or limp wristing...it just plain works and works very well.

Mine looks just like the 1st one zonker posted above.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

To all thanks, Will do more research on bersa 9mm. Will look for a dealer where I can check out the gun.

I'll tell you a few things I really like about the gun:

1) Alloy frame
    2) Long metal slide rails
    3) Thick steel components
    4) DA/SA w/ de-cocker
    5) No rail means the muzzle end of the gun is small and tapers back giving it a slim feel IWB
    6) Rounded top of slide
    7) Factory grip extensions
    8) Thick steel trigger and trigger mechanisms
    9) SUPER easy take-down (drop mag, slide lever down, remove slide super easy)
    10) Recoil is minimal, accuracy and follow-up shots dead on.

Now I'll list a few things I don't like about it

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

If its anything like the Bersa thunder I owned it will be a great gun. For the price you cannot go wrong.

I have had a Bersa. Not the model you mention. They make great reliable pistols. Really niothing bad about them.

I had the Bersa .45 Ultra Compact Pro but traded it ultimately for something else. While it was dead reliable, the grip was too thick for me and I didn't like how big the ambidextorous cotrols were. Ergonomically it doesn't match up with it's competition very well IMHO. Also, the blued fisnish was really pretty bad. I bought a Sprinfield XD SC for about the same price as these Bersas go for and like it MUCH more. Stoeger Cougar, Ruger SR9C, Sig P250 are also in that price range.

Have the UC9... love it. Kind of heavy, and a little wide but it still carries well IWB. Put it this way- I wont be getting rid of mine anytime soon.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I think bersa makes a great pistol BUT If your use to the natural point of a glock and can shoot it well why not look at a glock 19 or 26. The bersa will not point the same and you will have to learn that change again along with a major deference in trigger pull and when compaired to the UC9 weight play in to. My daughter carrys a bersa too. There are many more options as far as good light pistol go.

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    I purchased my first one in 2005 for $285 NIB and LOVE the guns so much I have bought several more since. There were a few problems with the early .45ACP models - which are based on the same design (weak springs mainly) - but they have long since been cleared up. Actually, it was because of the problems I had with a UC-45 that I got a UC-9 and have never looked back. If you ask ANYONE who has ever bought a Bersa 9 UC they will universally praise the little pistols. There are several Bersa forums and if you want to find out what owners really think, check there. On any gun forum owners/users will be the first to complain if there's a problem but I challenge you to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Bersa 9's. They are accurate, easy to operate and clean, VERY reasonably priced and reliable. Like a Timex watch they can take a lickin' but still keep tickin' at a price you can afford. I own well over a dozen semi-auto pistols, some for nearly 30 years, and if I could only take one it would be a Bersa UC-9.
    FYI, here's one of the main Bersa forum's address if you want to check it out... Bersa Forum
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'll tell you a few things I really like about the gun:

1) Alloy frame
    2) Long metal slide rails
    3) Thick steel components
    4) DA/SA w/ de-cocker
    5) No rail means the muzzle end of the gun is small and tapers back giving it a slim feel IWB
    6) Rounded top of slide
    7) Factory grip extensions
    8) Thick steel trigger and trigger mechanisms
    9) SUPER easy take-down (drop mag, slide lever down, remove slide super easy)
    10) Recoil is minimal, accuracy and follow-up shots dead on.

Now I'll list a few things I don't like about it

Another plus with the current PRO model is the sights are interchangeable with the SIG 220 series sights so you have a LOT of options available. Also, the mag release, decocker/safety lever and slide release are ambidextrous. FYI, the design is essentially the Walther P-88 series pistol, a VERY good pistol that was discontinued primarily because it became too expensive to build and sell at a profit. To quote Wikipedia... "The Walther P88 was a semiautomatic pistol developed by the Walther company of Germany in 1988, hence the model name P88. Its main feature was a high-capacity double-stacked magazine designed for military and law enforcement use. In 1996, Walther discontinued the pistol in favor of the slightly lighter and smaller P88 Compact, which was also cheaper to manufacture.

The Walther P88 is highly prized among collectors and sport shooters due to its superb accuracy (1.5 to 2 inch groups at 25 yards) and high-quality construction... Both these pistols are fully ambidextrous with the exception of the compact's slide stop/release. Full ambidextrous control was an industry first and the original P88 likely would have sold well were it not for the high cost. Both models remain collectible."
    It's also the pistol of choice for the national police and military in Argentina and a number of other countries.

Here's a photo of the Walther. Notice the similarities between it and the Bersa..

300px-Walther_P88_Compact.jpg

Here the home of bersa on the nett. Come ask the owners what they think.

www.bersachat.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Links