J-frame wilson combat spring kit installed and....

This is a discussion on J-frame wilson combat spring kit installed and.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I put a Wilson Combat trigger spring kit in my 642 today. It made a huge difference in the trigger pull. I used the 14# ...

Thread: J-frame wilson combat spring kit installed and....

J-frame wilson combat spring kit installed and....

I put a Wilson Combat trigger spring kit in my 642 today. It made a huge difference in the trigger pull. I used the 14# trigger spring and the 8# hammer spring. Took all of 15 minutes to install. However it seems a little harder to stage the gun, and the final "single" action pull is a little gritty. Is this normal? Do the components need to break back in now that the springs are different? I rechecked my work and the gun functions fine. I put a couple cylinders though it and it shoots fine as well. It has really helped my DA accuracy with the gun.

2. Remove Ads

I put the Wolff spring set in my 442 (10# main and 8# return) and it turned it into a buttery smooth easy shooter. Accuracy improved tremendously. Mine is very smooth all the way through. I ran many hundreds of rounds through mine both before and after the switch and I didn't have any break-in time necessary. It was buttery smooth from the minute I changed them out.

I changed out my Ruger SP101 main spring and it seems to have a little of the characteristics you have described. Not bad, but noticeable. I'm going to smooth the edges of the shaft the main spring rides on and then polish it with a dremel and metal polish to see if that smooths it out. You might try that with your 642 and see if it helps.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links