Explain to me why you buy non USA made weapons

This is a discussion on Explain to me why you buy non USA made weapons within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can not for the life of me figure out why those of us that are so hard core pro gun rights can not wait ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Explain to me why you buy non USA made weapons

I can not for the life of me figure out why those of us that are so hard core pro gun rights can not wait to buy a weapon made in a country that so strongly restricts owner ship and carry.
    Glock for one made in Austria there are many USA made hand gun as good or better but you chose to spend you cash in Austria.
    Read up on their laws on hand guns.
    Carry it here buy it here make darn sure it is made here.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I thought Glock had a factory in GA?
    gorilla45 and swiftyjuan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I thought Glock had a factory in GA?
    They do
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

I'll say it: Most foreign pistols are of superior quality. IMO, most American-made products are junk. Guns, cars, electronics... I drive a BMW, have a cell phone that's made in Korea, and so on.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    marcclarke and RockStrongo like this.

So let's see - by that sound reasoning, the OP should never own a Browning Superposed made in Belgium, a Sig P210 made in Germany, a Beretta made in Italy, a Weatherby made in Japan, or a Springfield XD made in Croatia. Heaven forbid someone should give him a Holland & Holland made in England. Never mind collectibles like Moisin-Nagants, Enfields, Cacarnos, Arisakas and Nambus, an SKS or AK.
    Last edited by gasmitty; December 28th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
    bmcgilvray, archer51, RMS and 4 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Out of my enormous number of guns, I only have 2 that are made in USA. Both are Taurus, and as we all know they are not know for their fantastic reliability. Everything else is from Germany or Austria. Even my replica BB guns are made in Japan.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

It's called free market economics. When an American company makes a firearm that is equal to or superior to my Glock 19 for the same price I will purchase one.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

VIP Member
    The "buy American" bus left town many years ago.
    NavyAirdale and hazard123 like this.

this is not 1945. We are now living in a Global Economy. Make it right, or fail. Make it competitvely priced with quality imports from overseas, or fail. While the concept of buying American sounds nice,
    most common households would have very little of anything residing in them if buying habits were restricted to American only. I own quite a few handguns, and whether they are made in America, or made in Austria, I choose to buy the best weapon to defend myself regardless of its country of origin.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    So let's see - by that sound reasoning, the OP should ever own a Browning Superposed made in Belgium, a Sig P210 made in Germany, a Beretta made in Italy, a Weatherby made in Japan, or a Springfield XD made in Croatia. Heaven forbid someone should give him a Holland & Holland made in England. Never mind collectibles like Moisin-Nagants, Enfields, Cacarnos, Arisakas and Nambus, an SKS or AK.
    I don't think the OP thought this one through.
    bmcgilvray and RockStrongo like this.

[OP] people are going to buy the best product for their dollar - period. Whether that is an automobile, laptop computer, or dishwasher.

Glock, in my opinion offers me just that. A rugged, accurate & reliable, high capacity handgun for around $500. And, plenty of Americans earn a living thanks to Glock. People all the way down from their manufacturing plant in Symarna, GA, to Glock Armorers, to the AMERICAN FFL's that we purchase our guns from.

It's not as if we're mailing checks to the Austrian Government.

Feel free to design and manufacture a superior all American made handgun at a better price point, and I'll be first in line to buy one.
    protek and swiftyjuan like this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    My Kimber and Colt were both made in America.
    papahawk likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I drive a Honda, I watch TV on a Samsung, I have a Citizen's watch and my cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy. I don't know about you, but I worked hard for my money and I like to get what I think is the best value for the bucks I spend. I've owned Buicks, Cadillacs, Fords, Chevrolets and Chryslers. I got tired of getting to know the service manager of my local car dealer by his first name. I got tired of looking for an open car dealership on a Sunday when I was more than 500 miles from home and I got tired of waiting in deserted parking lots in questionable neighborhoods at late hours waiting for tow trucks. I also got tired of buying a new car whenever the warranty expired. I have been driving Honda's since 1993 and five models later(3-Accords, 1-CRV and 1-Odessy) have been back to the dealership a total of one time and that was for a recall. When an American car can match that, I'll buy one. My Glocks have fired flawlessly out of the box. No break-in periods, nothing! It's hard to find an excuse to buy another one. It's Christmas, what better of an excuse? The greatest problem with American stuff is the manufacturers don't have a clue. They think American consumers are stupid.
    packinnova and surefire7 like this.

Well for the money, I don't think you can beat a Kel Tec
    Richard58 and mdmorgan like this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeard43 View Post
    Well for the money, I don't think you can beat a Kel Tec
    I'm a KelTec fan too, I really like the company... however, they are not exactly a top shelf competitor in the gun market. In fact aside from S&W, I cannot think of a real USA made contender in the top shelf market.
    bmcgilvray and Bullet1234 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links