Local issue over a proposed FFL site

This is a discussion on Local issue over a proposed FFL site within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a local issue, that our local media is working hard to turn into a media circus. Click the title for the link to ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By HotGuns
  • 2 Post By archer51

Thread: Local issue over a proposed FFL site

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

Local issue over a proposed FFL site

This is a local issue, that our local media is working hard to turn into a media circus.
    Click the title for the link to the article ...

Outrage over gun sale .....
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

Bad neighbors. I hope they fail to stop this guy...

Senior Moderator
    Hargis, an avid gun enthusiast who has five guns in his own collection
    Thats an "avid" gun enthusiast?

Around here, that's not even considered a good start.
    atctimmy, BigFish and bigmacque like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

JD
    Administrator
    "I was a policeman for 17 years, a security guard for 15 years and sold guns at Walmart," Burmann said. "I don't understand how an individual can sell a gun in a private area to another person."

That requires an extensive background check, Burmann said.

VIP Member
    Five! That's only a handfull.

In the Clinton days, when I lived inside city limits, to renew my FFL, they wanted me to go door to door in a four block area to get the neighbor's permission. After my contact in the BATFE and I started talking about making wine, life was good again. That's not the crabapple wine talking, either.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    I wonder how many other home based business are being ran in his neighborhood. I can guarantee they aren't regulated nearly as tough as his will be.
    Diddle and bigmacque like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like the "residents" are the anti gun fearful types. They need to get over it.

The S&W 39-2 in my avatar was the first firearm I purchased on my own, and got it from a WV State Police Trooper who.....

Had an FFL license and sold firearms out of his home in a residential subdivision in Wayne Co WV!

I never heard any of the neighbours complaining either.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    "For now, he will sell rifles including semiautomatic models such as AR-15s and pistols"

"including semiautomatic models such as AR-15s" Oh my goodness. This will only bring shame and outright fear and danger for the Cul-de-sak.

What a crock! I've ran a mechanical business from my home for the last 30+ years and I live in a fairly up-scale subdivision. No one, except the people who know me, have not a clue. I have spoken to the local Police Chief about my intentions of getting my FFL and working out of my home and he has zero problems with it. Nor does the local Codes Enforcement Department. As long as it does not create a traffic / parking issue, get a CUP (Conditional Use Permit) and your license and have at it.

Sadly ham (amateur) radio operators face this same problem daily and that is only a hobby. Damn neighboors always want to dictate what someone else does while failing to keep themselves in line and pay attention to their on domains.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The article, and the ensuing debate on the newspapers web site, are rife with inflammatory quotes and staged efforts at creating something out of nothing.

What is amusing is that less than one mile from this location three separate LGS's are in operation. I wonder how many of the complaining neighbors are those folks, and their real complaint is the new competition.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Links