What is going on in California?

This is a discussion on What is going on in California? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My brother from California just emailed me and said California news is reporting a surge in gun sales before the upcomming election. He is not ...

Thread: What is going on in California?

My brother from California just emailed me and said California news is reporting a surge in gun sales before the upcomming election. He is not a gun guy but is not anti either. A republican president will surely be pro-gun compared to Barack! If any state thinks Barack is the man it would be California. I don't get it unless they are just including CA in the nation wide surge in gun sales. Does anybody from CA have any knowledge? Is some kind of movement is going on???
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

It's nationally, not local. There is a thread running on this subject

Is it Revolution time already? See what happens when I sleep in...darn

Please share with me what/where the ongoing post is. sorry I missed it.

Thanks much!

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I was just in Cali this week doing some R&R, and someone needs to tell them that their state smells like an old gym locker room.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    My brother was one of them......first time gun owner in California. Purchased a XD40.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I think it has little to do with elections, but more because the State is going to start dumping prisoners back to counties who have no room for them. Net result, more professional convicts will be taking a vacation back on the streets.

Who knows. Weird... gun show for 2 days, and ammo sales are always brisk....... but today, they were buying out the dealers within the first 2-3 hrs of the show. They had to send for more so they would have some for tomorrow.

I'm not sure I understand why this is going on at this point.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Just stocking up!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Several of my friends in San Diego purchased firearms last year. One a high end 1911, two C A approved Glocks. They all went through my training course when they visited AZ.

They are waking up! Good for them.

My sales to CA has increased also so I see the same thing happening on the accessories side.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I think it has little to do with elections, but more because the State is going to start dumping prisoners back to counties who have no room for them. Net result, more professional convicts will be taking a vacation back on the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    They are waking up! Good for them.
    Both of the above are true. Gun enthusiasts have started 'coming out' more and more, especially in the less friendly areas. Especially as we discover that there are more of us than we really thought.

Plus some areas, such as Sacramento County, have relaxed their carry license application rules. Right now the state is "may issue" and many jurisdictions choose to not issue. Especially true for the more populous areas. However, we have The CalGuns Foundation and others to thank for attacking the recalcitrant Sheriffs to comply with current state law. We are all hoping that the end result of the various lawsuits changes CA into Shall-issue.

Links