Ruger LCP

Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was out with my father yesterday and he was looking to buy a gun. He had his eye on the LCP. He ended up ...

Thread: Ruger LCP

Ruger LCP

I was out with my father yesterday and he was looking to buy a gun. He had his eye on the LCP. He ended up buying one new from our local shop. I like the gun and like the size and feel of it. Has anyone ever had issues with one of these or heard of issues? We are going to put some ammo down range today so I should have a good feel for it this evening. Thanks

I have one and like it, I recomend cleaning it first though, I shot mine out of the box, second round jammed. Took it back to the shop, cleaned it and it hasne't jammed since

Had mine for a couple of years now and not a bit of trouble outa it from day one. I'm sure yours will be the same. I'd clean and oil it up good and rack the slide a few times before it's first range trip, but that's about you should need to do to it besides shoot the snot outa it. Let us know it goes; Enjoy!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

not one bit of trouble from mine,100% reliable..

excellant choice !!!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Nice pistol. Some of them have had some "issues" but just a little fluff and buff with them can correct any of that stuff.

It was the first pistol my wife wanted. It had some out of battery issues but I found a video on Youtube that you can buff off some metal "bumps" underneath the slide and that takes care of the sticking slide issue.

Other than that it is a great little pistol. I carry hers occasionally now that she has a new Ruger LCR.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

It's my EDC and it's been 100% reliable. Takes some getting use to the long trigger pull and it's real snappy. Grip it tight! All in all, a great CCW.

Check out an Uncle George's pocket holster and an OWB holster from Hays Holsters and you'll be set.

Stay safe.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

Wonderful little gun, mine has been completely reliable with all sorts of ammo through it. Enjoy!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    The only issues that I have known to exist with the LCP is the feed ramp surface can cause a failureto chamber. Simply polishing the feed ramp resolves that issue. Another issue is "walking frame pins" where the plastic pin toward the rear of the pistol wants to move to the left. Simply pushing it (the pin) aginst a hard surface will make it POP! back into place. I consider these to be a fine little pistol and well worth the price. I think most all issues were resolve in serial numbers beginning with 373-xxxxx

Visit THIS site for tons of information and help. Excellent forum.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

As it has been said clean it up. Take it out shoot the heck out of it and goo to go.
    Takes some time to get on target with it. Not a weapon to aim with sites you need to work with it a bit.
    Long trigger pull but that is in part due to no safety. Using the last joint on the finger seems to work well with it.
    I shoot 95gr ball and flat nose rounds in mine. at first the flats did not want to feed but that went away quickly.
    Installed a laserlyte on it ,has it's uses and does not brake the bank can be had for 85-95 dollars if you shop around installs yourself in minutes.
    Laserlyte — SML Ruger/Kel-Tec .380
    Now my disclaimer I have a thing for Ruger.auto's (2).JPG

Happy with mine, almost always in my pocket. Had fail to feed with Hornady Critical Defense and Buffalo Bore +P I bought by accident, no other
    issues. Using Federal Hydra-Shok until i find Speer Gold Dot. Did a polish on the feed ramp, haven't had time to try the Hornady again. May get a second Elsie, I'm breaking them in for my kids' backups if they succeed in becoming cops.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I had a problem with the magazine catch breaking on mine when they first came out. Due to back to back to back deployments I wasn't able to send it in for a few years. I called Ruger and told them the problem and they sent me a shipping label to send it back. It took 4 days to send it out and get it back fixed. I have not had any other problems with it.

For such a small gun, I find it very easy to shoot. So small, no excuse to not have it in your pocket.

Jim

Links