Bad eye day at the range, but the C5L laser to the rescue - And of course pics!!!

This is a discussion on Bad eye day at the range, but the C5L laser to the rescue - And of course pics!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, some days my eyes work great; some days they don't work great; today was one of those not great days, BUT there is a ...

Thread: Bad eye day at the range, but the C5L laser to the rescue - And of course pics!!!

Senior Moderator

Bad eye day at the range, but the C5L laser to the rescue - And of course pics!!!

Well, some days my eyes work great; some days they don't work great; today was one of those not great days, BUT there is a bright spot to all this - pun intended - my C5L laser/light combo.

I just wasn't up to par; I could tell I was struggling with the sight picture and I persevered long enough to see it wasn't going to get any better this particular day, sooooo, on goes my C5L laser. I had an enjoyable time sighting it in. Got by the, "hmmm, this thing is a bit loose now" and got it zeroed at 7 yds.

This is rapid fire, and by rapid fire at 7 yds. I don't mean 4 or 5 shots a second, I simply mean I was shooting as fast as the laser came back on target. I have no idea what the rate was, but it was pretty impressive. At least I was impressed, but maybe I'm easily impressed. So was the guy in the next lane - he came over and wanted to know what I was shooting, and made the comment, "You must shoot a lot." I just beamed!

Actually, he was of the age of eye issues so I invited him to shoot with my C5L. He wasn't going to but I insisted. I only had three rounds left but here's what he did at about 5 yds first time ever shooting a laser (not to mention my P226R Elite Enhanced SRT) - his are the three shots circled in red:

You'd almost have to be there and see his target and see him shoot to fully appreciate what he could do with the laser!

Also, this was interesting - I shot these 10 shots at 15 yds with the laser sighted in at 7 yds. The significance of that is that the gun will index low & right because of the parallax of the laser, so I held the laser slightly high and right - all shooting was off-hand BTW, and the other significant thing is that I wasn't seeing my sights well at all, but with the laser.......:

I'll sure be glad when my Raven Concealment Phantom holster gets here and I don't have to keep taking the laser on and off.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice work!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links