Guns stolen from home and cars

This is a discussion on Guns stolen from home and cars within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...and the lesson here is what? Weapons stolen from homes and car in Pittsfield Twp....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Guns stolen from home and cars

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Guns stolen from home and cars

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

My very very very first weapon I ever had (Walther PPK) was stolen out of the center console of my car. This happened in Ohio when the law changed when you didn't have to wear it holstered in plain sight on your person anymore. I forgot all about it and wouldn't you know......window smashed and gun gone. I still have the police report from Clermont County.

lesson learned.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Could possibly sell them in the no questions asked buy back program for a nice profit.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Senior Moderator
    Police say a home in the 3300-block of Hillside and a home in the 4700-block of Crestview were burglarized sometime during the day on Friday. There were also several car break-ins in a nearby subdivision that same day.

...and the lesson here is what?
    Hmmmm....lets see....

Hunt the down the thief and throw him in jail for 20 years?
    At least that offender wouldnt do it again for another 20 years.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    A lesson? Yeah, buy a few safes.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    A lesson? Yeah, buy a few safes.
    Amen! At least it will stop the smash and grabs.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Amen! At least it will stop the smash and grabs.
    Nothing will ever stop smash & grabs, but keeping your guns locked in a real safe will at least cut down on the number of armed petty criminals.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I always sorta like the idea of cutting off thieves' hands. I love the notion of harsh retributive punishment for evildoers.

We will have as much crime as we are willing to tolerate. It is apparent that, as a nation, we are willing to tolerate quite a lot.
    atctimmy likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I always pull the mag and take it with me too..... even if they got it, they'll have to find or buy a mag to use it. I figure most thieves won't find it useful.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The lesson is make your guns secure. Where I live, you have to be under control of the gun at all times you're away from home with it. So, I don't leave a gun bag in a car when I go someplace. Car gets stolen so does the gun. I wouldn't anyway - too risky - I like my guns too much to personally want them somewhere other than on me while out and about, forget law. I also don't want some criminal to be armed due to my actions. So.... there is a law about it but I'd be doing the same thing anyway. Guns at home are in a safe.

I didn't see anything that said they weren't secured, but I'm like everyone else here that is assuming they weren't.

VIP Member
    A neighbor once told me that he sold a desk at a garage sale.

A few days later, he couldn't find is .38 spl. Yup - gone/gone.

It was probably for the best, though. I don't see this guy sober very often.

A number of years ago I loaned my 380 to a friend so he could go target practice at the local gun range. He just had to stop at a resturant/sports bar for a few hours to goof off, leaving my handgun in plane view on the front seat. Well you can guess what was gone when he came out. Its not my fault he said, what an ass! I don't loan him crap anymore. I filed a report with a unconcerned police officer at the station. I often wonder if he just didn't sell it on the street.
    I never leave a gun in my car, I'm always afraid that someone will steal it and kill someone, would make me feel like crap for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I always sorta like the idea of cutting off thieves' hands. I love the notion of harsh retributive punishment for evildoers.

We will have as much crime as we are willing to tolerate. It is apparent that, as a nation, we are willing to tolerate quite a lot.
    I like this idea too. But, the act of punishing the thief will make us criminals too... at least in this country.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Alarm, locks, cameras and above everything a DOG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links