The New Ruger American

This is a discussion on The New Ruger American within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "He has been dead for 12 years. Its a pity that he didnt pass sooner." I heard that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The New Ruger American

Administrator
    "He has been dead for 12 years. Its a pity that he didnt pass sooner." I heard that.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Let's see...in recent years, Ruger has introduced:

Revamped Mini 14s
    The Scout rifle
    The first polymer framed revolver (LCR)
    the LCP
    the LC9
    The SR9/40 series
    a .22 version of the Sp101
    the .327 cartridge and revolvers chambered for it
    a .22 version of the LCR
    a new .22 auto pistol
    their own 1911
    their own AR

and I'm sure I'm missing some

I don't think there are many firearm makers - anywhere - that have been introducing as many new gun models, as Ruger has of late. And in my experience, their Customer Service is excellent.

Bill is dead. Long live Ruger.

This new rifle would be of interest to me, if they made higher capacity mags for it, say 10 rounds. Sort of a poor man's Scout rifle.

Ruger needs to make some affordable pump and semi auto shotguns!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Amen 10thmtn.
    As earlier stated I am a fan of Ruger, I can't speak to the AWB issue or Bill Ruger, but I have found Ruger to always put out a good product and stand behind it 100%. I think they have a diverse - but very useful - bullpen of firearms and I hope they continue to keep coming up with fun ideas.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

That's why I like the shooting community. Diversity! Thank you all for your input. We may disagree but at least it's with reason and respect.
    "Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

I'm still holding out for someone to make a box magazine fed, American made, shotgun. My personal dream is that Ruger makes it, and bases it off the Mini-14/30. A guy can dream, right?

Bill's been dead for years now, we can't hold the direction they went in under him against the company anymore. It's been said on here before, if you're gonna do that, make sure you never buy any guns from Germany, Italy, Great Britain, Russia, etc, as they were all our enemies at one time too.

Back on topic, the rifle does like pretty interesting, but it's not something I'd personally be intersted in. My Cx4 covers me for a mid range plinker quite nicely, and it shares the same magazines as my Px4.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    December 25 1981 my wife gave me a Ruger Model 77 for Christmas.

I killed a nice herd of deer & a pickup full of "varmits" in the last 30 years with that rifle, & I bought & sold a small gunsafe full of other rifles since then,but Ive always hung on to that Ruger 30/06. Guess I always will, something about it.

Anyone needing a good hunting rifle should maybe give this new Ruger rifle a hard look.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I had a Ruger Super Blackhawk that I really liked. Wife took it out of spite when she left 15 years ago.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'd trade my mass-production, inexpensively made Glock 30 for the"junk" .41 Magnum Blackhawk someone stole from me years back. I can pick up anoth G30 tomorrow. The BH? Not so easily.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    That's why I like the shooting community. Diversity! Thank you all for your input. We may disagree but at least it's with reason and respect.
    Most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    I don't see an original idea on the whole page. I doubt the execution will be better than the engineering. Typical Ruger junk.
    I disagree strongly. Ruger makes good solid firearms.

Now, you and I see eye to eye on the douche bag who founded the company. But hell, Volkswagon makes some pretty good cars and it was basically dreamed up by Hitler. I have a couple of friends who drive Mitsubishi cars and that is the same company that made a good percentage of the planes we were shooting at during WWII.

Bill Ruger has been dead for about 12 years now. The company has actually improved dramatically since he assumed room temperature. I just wish he would have croaked sooner.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links