Next MA "Approved" List

This is a discussion on Next MA "Approved" List within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone know when the new "list" of firearms we are allowed to own in Mass will be out? I thought it was supposed to come ...

Thread: Next MA "Approved" List

Next MA "Approved" List

Anyone know when the new "list" of firearms we are allowed to own in Mass will be out? I thought it was supposed to come out this month?

I'm interested in a S&W MP or one of the walther/S&W 99 series polymer pistols. Of course, the MA trigger is always a downer

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    You have got to be kidding...

Please explain this list to me.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Here's where you can find the EOPS List (July 2006).

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/...ter_july06.pdf

Just realize that it is meaningless, as the handguns ALSO must meet the AG's nebulous requirements, for which there is NO LIST and the AG will never "approve" any handgun . . . so what's available depends on the mfr sticking their neck out and claiming to meet the AG's requirements until such time as the AG files suit against the mfr.

See this page/site for a lot more info on what's available and why/why not (wrt to MGLs and the AG Regs):

http://www.fsguns.com/malawsandregs.html

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    So, what if you are a BG, do you check the roster before shooting the convenience store clerk? Or, can the clerk hold up that list and say, "wait a minute, according to the AG, you can't have that gun in MA."
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Wow, reason # 20398420384208203840238403984 not to move to Mass.

I notice that some of the best handgun manufactures will not submit guns to be tested therefor they are not on approved list. Great way to protest restrictive draconian law. More Manufactures should do the same so the voters would protest, and get rid of the people in office and get some in that would change the laws .

Interesting that the state motto of Mass. is: "Ense Petit Placidam Sub Libertate Quietem." Translation: "By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only under Liberty."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lead Moderator
    Jeez, sounds like another communist state. Do they approve your churches too?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I notice that some of the best handgun manufactures will not submit guns to be tested therefor they are not on approved list. Great way to protest restrictive draconian law. More Manufactures should do the same so the voters would protest, and get rid of the people in office and get some in that would change the laws .
    Like Kimber for example.....

Not too much new on the list. Bummer, I wanted to check out an M&P even with the 10lb Mass trigger.

In MA, in addition to the list, the pols are really pushing hard for two new laws: 1.) You will have to have very expensive insurance for EACH firearm you own 2.) All ammo will have to have a smart chip and be traceable, ammo will be very expensive and (from what I heard) there will a move to ban the selling of reloads.

It's really rough here, every one else in the country should take note of what has happened here and be careful who they vote as the next president in '08.

On the plus side, I'm one of the lucky few with a carry-permit and preban G30

I feel for all you guys who have to live in that state. I moved to NH just about 5 years ago after living in MA my entire life. I'll NEVER move back there! EVER!

More and more people who believe in liberty and the pursuit of happiness should move up here to NH and live in peace. The more people who leave MA the better IMHO. I'd love to see a Mass exodus (pardon the pun...) from that horrible state. So much so that the only thing those lousy politicians would see when they walked out the door was this...

Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass-Diver View Post
    In MA, in addition to the list, the pols are really pushing hard for two new laws: 1.) You will have to have very expensive insurance for EACH firearm you own 2.) All ammo will have to have a smart chip and be traceable, ammo will be very expensive and (from what I heard) there will a move to ban the selling of reloads.
    This is very misleading!

ANY CITIZEN can petition to have a bill filed on their behalf! A legislator MUST file such a bill if asked. Also, like every state, there are some total wackos in the legislature.

Every legislative session these bills do indeed get filed . . . and they are DOA instantly. Even NH had some bills filed that would have killed their "free state" status. These bills likewise were DOA.

So eternal vigilance is required wherever you live, but the bills that Mass-Diver mentions are no real threat to gun owners in MA. I've testified at damn near every gun bills hearing that are held by the Jt Committee on Public Safety each legislative session and I recall the "gun insurance" bill going back probably 15 years at least. None of the committee members were even interested in hearing about that bill, they weren't taking it seriously.

Links