Another gun show purchase; but not for me

This is a discussion on Another gun show purchase; but not for me within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the show looking for that other model 10, but the wife decided she wanted to go also. I knew this would not be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Another gun show purchase; but not for me

Another gun show purchase; but not for me

Went to the show looking for that other model 10, but the wife decided she wanted to go also. I knew this would not be good for me. And I was right. Just as I was zeroing in on another nice revolver, she finds me and tells me she has something to show me. Yep, we were going from bad to worse.

She took me to a table and showed me a gun she just had to have, to fill a niche in her carry gun line up.
    What could I do?

It has a Big Dot Night sight.

And she shoots it pretty good. A Beretta Tomcat 32 acp wasnt what I had my heart set on, but hey, at least it wasnt another purse or shoes
    RMS likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

I always wanted one, just because...... finally got one this year and it's fun to shoot. Actually shoots pretty well. I've also pocket carried it while still having my EDC on. Not sure it's really a good defense gun though. But, not all guns have to be. They are well made.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

We talked about the 32acp, and I do feel it has defensive applications where dress attire may be an issue in an otherwise safe enviroment like church or funerals, or just hanging out around the house.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Just think about that poor, orphaned Model 10, all by its lonesome somewhere down in Kentucky, just needing a nice, safe home. I am sure it was snubbed all day by the tacti-cool whipper-snapper crowd, who can't appreciate finely made weapons like that.

But then again, I'm under 30, and generally stick to 1911s and revolvers.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

She took me to a table and showed me a gun she just had to have, to fill a niche in her carry gun line up.
    What could I do?
    I expect you made the right tactical decision. Sometimes making the Missus happy is just right. The Beretta is a nice little gun.

All this revolver talk makes me want to hurry up and pay down my layaway. I want my model 10!

That looks like a nice gun though. I have been looking at those off and on. Seems like a nice pocket pistol that has a little more weight to it.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    We talked about the 32acp, and I do feel it has defensive applications where dress attire may be an issue in an otherwise safe enviroment like church or funerals, or just hanging out around the house.
    I didn't have my evening coffee yet. Wouldn't church and funerals be places to have attire where it is definitely easy to conceal even a 1911? And I just don't get the logic that my regular carry is (fill in caliber) but I am willing to suffice with a marginal caliber in a "safe" enviroment. I didn't know the bad guys are willing to fall down for .32 under certain circumstances. I know this sounds sarcastic. But to me it just doesn't make sense.
    But congrats on the new gun. Any gun is fun

SunTzu, I had to justify the purchase somehow in my mind. You just screwed it up for me. And Buckeye ain't helpin any either.

VIP Member
    You did the right thing Glockman. Remember "If Momma ain't happy, ain't no ones happy"!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You've got to keep the Mrs. happy, you know the old saying. If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Actually, church and funerals are exactly the occasions when my tiny Kel-Tec .32 gets called into service.

But hey, "bad to worse" is relative... at least you came home home with something new (to you) that goes bang, and now you have a reason (if not exactly an excuse) to hit the next show.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Glockman think of it this way you now have points in the bank. When you come home with a Model 10 and something else just include a box of .32 ACP and you are golden.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Links