SIG P232 decocking trouble

This is a discussion on SIG P232 decocking trouble within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I love my new SIG P232, all stainless with Hogue grips, right from the factory. But the decocking lever is a bear for me to ...

I love my new SIG P232, all stainless with Hogue grips, right from the factory. But the decocking lever is a bear for me to work! I can barely reach it with my right thumb, and generally don't have the strength to push it far enough down to make it de-cock. Now, I own a P239 and have no trouble whatsoever with its decocking lever. Is the trouble I'm having with the 232 common, i.e., that's just the way the gun is, or is it unusually difficult when compared to other P232s? Of course, with a two-handed grip, I can use my left thumb on the decocking lever, but it seems to me that the P232 decocking lever shouldn't be any harder to push down than the P239. I understand it's operated by a simple spring. Is it possible to replace the spring with one with less tensile strength? That wouldn't make the gun any less safe, but would improve safety by making decocking a much simpler and faster operation, done with one hand, not moving the left hand at all. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I would not get hung up on decocking with your right hand thumb. I shoot a P226 and can barely reach the decocker since I have small hands. I simple use my left hand to decock. No problem.

Links