Defensive Carry banner

TSA finds average of 4 guns each day at airports

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  HKinNY 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Is that a High Point in the nuddie scan, because either that gun is massive or that is one tiny person. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Let me prefix this by saying that I am suspicious of the the number of claims of "I forgot", as I doubt one generally forgets that they are armed. However, I also have a problem with the approach that it be an arrestable offense for someone who is legally authorized to have a gun to "accidentally" have it in their bag. I say accidentally here to give them the benefit of the doubt, because accidents do happen. They should be given the option to properly check it or take it back out to their vehicle the same as any other contraband and deadly weapon like nail clippers. If the TSA guys are that twitchy, they really need to take a pill. Deal with it appropriately, but don't freak out.

#7 ·
I agre with the first part: I also am dubious of how many people claim "I forgot". But I guess I am a bit more harsh on how to treat them. Again, we as pro 2A as a group always tell folks how responsible we are. You are not a responsible gun owner if YOU DO NOT KNOW where your firearm is. PERIOD. And at an airport?? Come on, they are either sneaking it on and getting caught (stupid) or just plain stupid. Don't let them slide by saying go put it in your car. This isn't like packing a larger size thing of shampoo you didn't know about. It is a GUN. Take the gun away from them. Then let their state decide what to do if they have a permit. I for one am sick and tired of defending MORONS.

Reactions: DocPMD
#8 ·
That might be relevant if the intention was to enforce firearms laws, which are dubious in and of themselves. To date, the TSA hasn't stopped one terrorist attack. Sky marshalls would have been a better and less expensive approach.

Basically, they're boasting about violating everyone's civil rights. That's what it was ever really about, violating the 4th amendment.

#10 ·
Tin foil on to tight this morning. It doesn't matter about the 4th A until the courts including SCOTUS says it is unconstitutional. Do we like it no. But you are missing the point. As law abiding gun owners we only seem to like to obey laws that we think are just. And we love to disregard laws that we don't like.

#9 ·
I'd say good! I'm not a big gun control advocate at all, but in most cases I'd say that folks that are so careless/stupid as to leave a weapon in their luggage and try to board a aircraft with it is just stupid. IMO, they are lacking the brains God gave a billy-goat and they darn sure don't deserve to carry a deadly weapon until they learn how to be responsible enough to safely transport it.

#12 ·
So they find four guns per day. Is that all? Pretty crummy record if you ask me. I can find more than four guns around here on any given day and I'm not even "specially trained."

Does this mean that my domicile is more dangerous than a TSA "guarded" airport gate? Perhaps I should become scared.

#13 ·
I know of DC poster who was arrested for leaving a small gun in his Maxi bag and trying to board a plane. It was an honest mistake. The charges were finally dropped and record expunged.

#14 ·
With aprox 2 million passengers flying each day and with an estimated overall CC rate of 2% of the population, that is still about 10,000 with CC licenses flying each day. The fact is that mistakes do happen, everybody makes them. When they happen, it should be handled accordingly. This arrest them because we have just caught a terrorist that is going to blow the up the damned plane mentality is downright absurd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.