Defensive Carry banner

Thoughts on how you go through your day...

900 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Michaels 
#1 ·
its about attitude
projecting a 'wont be messed with' posture even if your back is bent with age
its about making and holding strong eye contact

though until recently thems who stalked others went for the easy mark; they avoided conflict
so that more often than not, if they saw you seeing them...well, they would shy off to look for
someone who wasn't looking.

now it is that some flat out are looking to put some hurt on ua just for the doing.
doesn't make sense to us as we don't think (lack morals) as they do.

having the gun and the training and being that you project that you will use it; makes
any interaction with the riff-raff not a bluff on your part. and they will see that--and hopefully not make you act out.

one need not always stand strong on their right. there are times one bends with the wind, like the willow--
we go along to get along. let the other person feel they one upped ua if it does not cause you injury; surely your pride is strong enough
to give way on occasion.

looking over last years class's by age--its split evenly 22ish and over 50; and a sprinkling of middle aged.
it seems those approaching retirement are perceiving a need. perhaps the change they voted for ain't happening as they thought.

thoughts from the forum members on how you go about your day.
changes you have made to reflect societies new ways...

for instance, an app that i may download when available is the crime stats maps:
i like to travel by car but i never want to get routed down a Route 4 in Troy type road again!!

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
How I get through my day is different than most, as I am gone for 30 days at a time, and home for 30 days. I get through the 30 I am gone with faith and trust. Knowing the woman I have at home is capable of taking care of business and my family when I am not there. Capable of making the hard decisions if they need to be made. Knowing we have the trust, that if I call home and she does not answer, means she is busy, or doing something else, taking care of business and family.
When I am home, it is the same, faith and trust. Faith in God that he will not put more on my plate than I can handle, and trust in weapon of choice, that if the plate gets a little full, I will have the ability to let God sort it out.....
I will look you in the eye, and if I have to take backwater, to keep from shooting you, so be it, but do not back me in a corner, or put me in a situation where I have no choice, because I will not hesitate. I will not be backed into a corner or a situation of no return. It is my belief that if it is time to fight, thats what you do, and there is only one winner, and no fight is fair. So i will not obey any rules, other than survival.

#5 ·
msggt-- thank you for the link; i was looking for it. so long as the collection of the 'events' remains pure, the business in the high crime area are going to be screaming for REAL action from their police and Representatives cause lack of traffic is lack of sales.

muutistage-- the idea of one's as in taking even complex projects and working on one aspect at a time; integrating completed parts till at the end of the day...by gosh, you have completed the complex in a calm fashion.

JerryMAc-- faith & trust for sure is a bond in a family that if lacking leads to the edges fraying...
if one of us goes 'odd' in action or saying, my 1st thought is that we are not on the same track
communication wise and we need to go back to where we diverged to find out what was not
understood by all.
as for a fight: i will give the other person(s) every chance they wll allow me to, to disengage.
if they won't...i have the final answer in my coat pocket. fortunately i so far have always been able to eat at my own table at the end of the day. so have they. say thank you for Situational Awareness.

#6 ·
I can think of a couple buddies I worked with for years that if gave them the eyeball, I'm a tough guy look they would have been right up in your face to ask if you had a problem look'n all tough. Best to pay attention, do look but down try to act tough do'n it. Just be confident. That "won't be messed with posture " can get you hurt too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.