The Price of Rifle Ammo

This is a discussion on The Price of Rifle Ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone else experienced the price of rifle ammo dropping considerably lately? I am seeing some low prices at my local ammo suppliers. I say ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C hawk Glock

Thread: The Price of Rifle Ammo

VIP Member

The Price of Rifle Ammo

Has anyone else experienced the price of rifle ammo dropping considerably lately? I am seeing some low prices at my local ammo suppliers. I say this because I am not talking about these crazy specials that are online or anything, but just walking into a store and picking up 500 to 1000 rounds. I just picked up 500 rounds of .223 for 100.00.

Would this be because of the war slowing down? I am sorry if this has been brought up prior.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I believe it might have been this site that I read .223 ammo prices would probably come down in price a lot due to the war effort slowing down & the need not being there for it. This makes me want to buy my first AR in the near future.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Has anyone else experienced the price of rifle ammo dropping considerably lately? I am seeing some low prices at my local ammo suppliers. I say this because I am not talking about these crazy specials that are online or anything, but just walking into a store and picking up 500 to 1000 rounds. I just picked up 500 rounds of .223 for 100.00.

Would this be because of the war slowing down? I am sorry if this has been brought up prior.
    That would be nice... I never have gotten my stockpile of 5.56 or 7.62 where I want it...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I just looked on cabelas and their bulk ammo still hasn't come down a whole lot. $109 only gets you 30 rounds :(

30 rounds for 109? Not to say there may not being some at that price at Cabelas, but I am seeing 250 rounds at around $100

VIP Member
    You guys are getting ripped off with those prices. I buy ammo from these guys all day long.

Ammo-Rifle - 223/5.56 - Surplus Ammo
    Charles07 likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Yup. I picked up two cases (1000 rnds) of WPA last month for $219, shipped (I think it was from Sportsman's Guide? - Widners is presently selling the same for $209 per 1000).

Even Wally World is getting in on the act. I saw bulk ammo cans with Federal 420rnd ea for $130. They had a case full of a variety of evil black rifles too; Sig Sauer & Bushmasters.

enough 223's and 5.56 I am looking for some real deals on 7.62X39 picked up a case of 1250 rounds all brass non corrosive for 249 last week local so no shipping.
    20 cents around not the best I have ever done but better than what I have seen for awhile. Had a stock pipe but used them up .

VIP Member
    yeah smitty--thats a good deal on the AK ammo, might have to get some,
    was considering getting some 7.62x54, but found it cheaper on ammunitiontogo

I do need to get some more 5.56/.223, might need to get some, ammunitiontogo has new mfg PMC bronze $285/1000, surplus ammo link above has same brand/item for $270, always good to shop around
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links