S&W Customer Service

S&W Customer Service

This is a discussion on S&W Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After replacing several parts in my 22A pistol,I noticed yesterday that the slide wasn't closing like it should,and actually needed help when chambering the first ...

S&W Customer Service

After replacing several parts in my 22A pistol,I noticed yesterday that the slide wasn't closing like it should,and actually needed help when chambering the first round in a mag.I realised about that time that even tho I had shot thousands of rounds I had never replaced the recoil spring.I couldn't find anybody who carried them online,so call S&W directly,I told the CS guy what I needed,and asked the price,his reply was I got some laying around here I'll just send you one.
    That little gesture just put them a little higher on the pedestal of good Customer Service
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    After replacing several parts in my 22A pistol,I noticed yesterday that the slide wasn't closing like it should,and actually needed help when chambering the first round in a mag.I realised about that time that even tho I had shot thousands of rounds I had never replaced the recoil spring.I couldn't find anybody who carried them online,so call S&W directly,I told the CS guy what I needed,and asked the price,his reply was I got some laying around here I'll just send you one.
    That little gesture just put them a little higher on the pedestal of good Customer Service
    I have often found that S&W C.S. will send parts N/C. Especially if they are normal wear parts. Doesn't hurt to ask nicely.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Sent a TRR8 to S&W for some misfire issues. First time I ever had such a problem with a S&W revolver. About three weeks later on friday the 13th I got my gun back. Sort of. In the brown shipping box was a brand new M&P R/8 revolver. It seem the custom shop couldnt get my gun right. So they did the right thing. Gave me a new gun. This is the second time this has happened to me with S&W. I once sent an old beater highway patrolman to them and got back a brand new model 28. I had no great emotional attachment to either gun... both purchased as shooters. How could customer service get any better than that?

Customer service can make or break a company. Too many companies don't capitalize on that to their detriment. Thanks for passing along those good experiences. Makes me feel good about my recent M&P 9 purchase.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Guys;
    Your fellow board member and S&W shareholder thanks you for your comments!!!!!!
    I have found the same thing about their C.S. and WITHOUT saying I was a shareholder.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

VIP Member
    I have never had a problem with a S & W. ( all of mine are revolvers ) Thats great to know. I will keep adding S&W products to my collection!

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Thanks for the post! Always nice to hear a positive Customer Service experence.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I've had a S&W 2" Airweight since 1970, never had a need to check out their customer service, thing runs like the battery bunny!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Yep, S&W Customer Service is very good most of the time. I once broke the grip panels on a pistol. Totally my fault. S&W sent out a replacement set at no charge.

I have never needed to use S&W CS. I did a count recently and found had more firearms from Smith than any other manufacturer--and most of those are over 75 years old. I am not a Smith collector per se, but I buy what I like and has proven to be reliable, therefore the number of S&Ws.

Or are they breeding in the darkness of the gun safe?

Links