S&W Model 457 value

S&W Model 457 value

This is a discussion on S&W Model 457 value within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have a S&W Model 457 that I have owned and carried for about 6 months now. I am thinking about selling or trading it but ...

S&W Model 457 value

Have a S&W Model 457 that I have owned and carried for about 6 months now. I am thinking about selling or trading it but am wondering what the value of this gun is. It is the reverse bi tone edition which I have been told might be somewhat "rare". Fired less than 150 flawless rounds through it. I live in UT. Any help? 457.jpg
    Family first, that's why I carry.

Might sound like a captain obvious response but have you checked gunbroker to see what they're selling for?

First, what price are you looking to get. Secondly, I concur w/ peckman28, check gunbroker..
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    350-375 will sell fairly quick. 400 may have you sitting on it a while. But then again, I sold mine a couple months ago and maybe the market is demanding them more.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I still have mine and I can still buy extra parts/accessories for it. Still reliable and combat accurate at realistic distances. Excellent .45 for CC under light clothing.

If I had the money I would buy that from you in a second. Sadly I have spent all my gun money for the next couple of months. I would say it is worth between $400-$475 because of the stainless frame. Looking for any trades?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Two guns- I would entertain trades for sure, we live a long ways away though. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. It is the first gun I've ever owned, kinda fond of it, but for the right price or trade, possibly. What ya got?
    Family first, that's why I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by StrattonG View Post
    Two guns- I would entertain trades for sure, we live a long ways away though. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. It is the first gun I've ever owned, kinda fond of it, but for the right price or trade, possibly. What ya got?
    I think it would be a big mistake if you sold or traded your first gun. I know many of us guys just wish we had kept ours. Please rethink about selling your 457. You will be kicking yourself in the rear for many years to come.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I'd say 375.00 on trade with it being out at 425.00 retail, especially if you have the box and papers. It looks like a two tone gun, and if you look at the book of smith and wesson, you'll they didn't generate too many of them, more likely a special order for a PD or similar agency. They're mainly all blue, and that's why I placed the gun at a higher dollar value.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Of course, condition has a lot to do with asking price. They certainly are not rare, but good ones can be hard to find. I've collected S&W 3Gs for quite a while and have enjoyed networking with other collectors. We also give value to the box, papers, etc. However, the bottom line is, a gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If you can find a good or very good 457 for under $400, I'd suggest you hit it like a heat seeking missile! I'm considering selling one of mine, in black. It has one very small tool mark on it and a few highlights from holster wear, and at minimum it will be $450. If you can find the same thing in steel, I would expect to pay at least $500. Agreed you can find some that have been skidded out of a truck window, but finding a good one can take a while. Good luck.
    NRA Lifer Since 1971

Links