Trading in guns??

This is a discussion on Trading in guns?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking of trading in one of my Glock 23s for a Glock 19 after I found out I can't use aftermarket conversion barrels for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Trading in guns??

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Trading in guns??

I'm thinking of trading in one of my Glock 23s for a Glock 19 after I found out I can't use aftermarket conversion barrels for IDPA. Due to price and practice I don't want to use .40 cal. I was just wondering what a gun shop might give me for the gun. It is a Gen 3 with less than 500 rounds thought it and adjustable sights. I bought it as a backup to my duty Glock 23 when I was a Reserve Deputy. The gun store I intend to use said they will offer me the 19 at their LEO/MIL price. I was just wondering what I might get for it.

2. Remove Ads

I have no idea of the deal that they might offer you. I do know that in most cases you would be much better off to sell your firearm then go and get the best price available for the new one you plan to buy.

Michael

Administrator
    Right around 400 is what I'd pay for a used Glock provided I knew the history and you were buying another from me... Good news is, the LEO/Mil price is $398.20 with standard sights. You should come close to breaking even, but you might have to throw in a little to cover tax.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Right around 400 is what I'd pay for a used Glock provided I knew the history and you were buying another from me... Good news is, the LEO/Mil price is $398.20 with standard sights. You should come close to breaking even, but you might have to throw in a little to cover tax.
    Thanks boss that is good news. It is in near mint condition and I bought it new as a backup LEO gun with only a few hundred rounds thought it. If they give me a good deal on it, I might end up trading in my Glock 27 for a 26. I think the .40 is a fine round but I can shoot the 9mm a whole lot better and it will bring me in line with some of my other pistols.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Thanks boss that is good news. It is in near mint condition and I bought it new as a backup LEO gun with only a few hundred rounds thought it. If they give me a good deal on it, I might end up trading in my Glock 27 for a 26. I think the .40 is a fine round but I can shoot the 9mm a whole lot better and it will bring me in line with some of my other pistols.
    I dumped my 40's a few years back for the very same reasons. I'm all 9 and 45 now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Let's put this into layman's terms...
    Most gun shops charge you an 'arm and a leg' for the new gun, but they'll give you a sock or glove for the gun you trade in...sell it here on the forum.

Like the thread above, my Glocks are all 9mm and .45's.
    DRM likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm. Great minds think alike. My Glocks are all 9mm or .45 too.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    You'll come out ahead selling it yourself. I haven't been to a gun store yet that would kiss you while giving you a screwing.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Used Glock? Most gun stores will only offer you between $300-$350 depending on current demand. That's with fixed sights and black frame. You'll do much better selling it yourself.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You'll come out ahead selling it yourself. I haven't been to a gun store yet that would kiss you while giving you a screwing.
    Pretty much it in a nutshell. Trade-ins seldom go in your favor unless it's straight across for something you want and walk away with it.

Go to a large gunshow. I've sold Glocks for a minimum of $400 easily and sometimes more depending on the upgrades. Gunbroker.com is also another option.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Links