Ordered New Springs today...

Ordered New Springs today...

This is a discussion on Ordered New Springs today... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those of you that CC a semi auto. First off let me say my HK USP has been flawless these many years. I have ...

Exclamation Ordered New Springs today...

For those of you that CC a semi auto. First off let me say my HK USP has been flawless these many years. I have cycled a great many rounds thought this pistol with out issue.

However on my last two tear downs (weekly) where I also strip and clean the mag the rounds would not (hand) eject clean. First time I just assumed it was some crud.

So this week I took a closer look...
    No damage or apparent wear on the mag...
    This mag has been under full compression near 100% of the time for over 8 years now (except when I MT it for cleaning or at the range)...
    Reliability is of prime importance so I put in a call for new Wolf springs of all three (the other two are newer and do not exhibit this issue but why wait).

So here is the $25,000 dollar question how are your mag springs and when did you check them last?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

TJx
    Wolff is behind filling orders so it may be awhile.
    I plan on changing springs in my carry mags that are under full compression once a year, cheap insurance.

Actually with the slowest (and cheapest) snail mail they said 7-10 days....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Even Wolff suggests storing mags a round or two short. Go figure.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That seems to be the magic key, not fully compressing the spring.... But me I want those extra 6 rounds from my 3 mags.... In a emergency CLICK is the loudest sound you will ever hear.....

Links