The "Walmart Trip" - Page 2

The "Walmart Trip"

This is a discussion on The "Walmart Trip" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gunthorp I read somewhere that walmart was going to start stocking EBR's (evil black rifles). They may even be made in USA. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The "Walmart Trip"

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    I read somewhere that walmart was going to start stocking EBR's (evil black rifles). They may even be made in USA. Who knows?
    A few months ago I started seeing Bushmaster M4 patrol carbines ($897.00) and then later Sig Sauer AR's in my local wal-mart. No reloading supplies, but have started seeing pistol holsters (generic) and more shooting gear.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I purchased my 10/22 Ruger rifle in Wal Mart which had to be carried to my car by a store manager. I wasn't allowed to buy any ammo with it but after the gun was "safe" in my car they let me come in and buy ammo in a seperate purchase. Make perfect sense to me...!!!
    If someone points a gun at me I have a right to point one back.
    NRA, USCCA Member

Ha! Never happen here in North Ga... I envy ya man... Someday, someday....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

the Walmarts around me in do not sell any guns and are always running out of the 9mm ammo. 19.97 for 100 rounds, that is a great price when they have it in stock, locked in a glass case.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I have been absent from this forum for a long time, but have decided to make a forage back to the online world. The trigger for my return was remember the "WalMart Trip" stories that happen when people first get their CCW. However, today I found another reason to post about Wal-Mart. I recently moved to Montana, and I love it here, the attitude here is totally different than the east coast where I spent the previous 10 years of my life. While walking through the sporting goods section my wife actually pointed this out to me. My wife... this is the lady who only tolerates my guns and reloading!

The picture say's it all, and remember this is at Wal-Mart! (Clicking on the picture opens it up for me)
    Attachment 55746
    I still do Wal Mart a few times a week. I remember the lean days, but now they're over-stocked on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
    the Walmarts around me in do not sell any guns and are always running out of the 9mm ammo. 19.97 for 100 rounds, that is a great price when they have it in stock, locked in a glass case.
    Which WalMarts are those ?

Welcome to Montana.
    It is "the last best place"
    Open carry completly legal most places.
    CC legal except in city limits, without a permit

Montana, what a great place to live...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We have a walmart a bit north of here that sells reloading supplies. All of them sell guns. One has started carrying AR's (.223 and .22) and has an ammo case that must be 8' tall x12' wide and has JHP's (PDX1 some Winchester), bulk pack pistol calibers, and .223 in ammo cans.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Well I just made a return trip to walmart - and sure enough, the Big Black Evil Guns were in the case! Reloading supplies AND black evil guns. Halfway decent prices to.

On a side note, I don't trust some of the employees there. I was looking for new bookends to hold my reloading manuals and log books. I couldn't find them and when I asked the employee she said "What are bookends?" To which I replied "Stands that you put books between, it keeps them from falling over". To which the reply was "I don't read books, how should I know what bookends are?".
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    there's plenty of rocks in Montana.... free bookends.... save your money for powder (just spent three days trying to find a can of Unique local.... and there you have it at chinamart of all places.

congrats on the move to Big Sky

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I have been absent from this forum for a long time, but have decided to make a forage back to the online world. The trigger for my return was remember the "WalMart Trip" stories that happen when people first get their CCW. However, today I found another reason to post about Wal-Mart. I recently moved to Montana, and I love it here, the attitude here is totally different than the east coast where I spent the previous 10 years of my life. While walking through the sporting goods section my wife actually pointed this out to me. My wife... this is the lady who only tolerates my guns and reloading!

The picture say's it all, and remember this is at Wal-Mart! (Clicking on the picture opens it up for me)
    Attachment 55746
    I miss living west of the Mississippi; I have never seen any Wally World in the east carry reloading supplies.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Wally World guys are SMART,,,,, hope they are testing the market &
    will jump into the water,,,,, they could sow up the RELOADING BUSINESS.
    Cross your fingers. All ours Wally Worlds have ammo in sliding lock cases &
    no reloading supplies at all.

The WW's around me do not sell any ammo at all. I have to drive to a WW outside Sacramento to get ammo. If you buy ammo in the City of Sacramento they log what and how much ammo you buy. I think they even checked my ID and made me sign.

Got love this great state.NOT

Walmarts here in Jersey carry NO ammo at all...let alone guns.
    Just another item in a very long list of inconveniences.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links