The "Walmart Trip"

The "Walmart Trip"

This is a discussion on The "Walmart Trip" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been absent from this forum for a long time, but have decided to make a forage back to the online world. The trigger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The "Walmart Trip"

The "Walmart Trip"

I have been absent from this forum for a long time, but have decided to make a forage back to the online world. The trigger for my return was remember the "WalMart Trip" stories that happen when people first get their CCW. However, today I found another reason to post about Wal-Mart. I recently moved to Montana, and I love it here, the attitude here is totally different than the east coast where I spent the previous 10 years of my life. While walking through the sporting goods section my wife actually pointed this out to me. My wife... this is the lady who only tolerates my guns and reloading!

The picture say's it all, and remember this is at Wal-Mart! (Clicking on the picture opens it up for me)
    WalMart.jpg
    Last edited by DMan; January 19th, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added "Clicking on the picture"
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I have been absent from this forum for a long time, but have decided to make a forage back to the online world. The trigger for my return was remember the "WalMart Trip" stories that happen when people first get their CCW. However, today I found another reason to post about Wal-Mart. I recently moved to Montana, and I love it here, the attitude here is totally different than the east coast where I spent the previous 10 years of my life. While walking through the sporting goods section my wife actually pointed this out to me. My wife... this is the lady who only tolerates my guns and reloading!

The picture say's it all, and remember this is at Wal-Mart!
    WalMart.jpg
    Help me out I am a little dense. What does the picture say?
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    same here, im not sure what is in the picture.... I'd like to buy a vowel?
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Looks like reloading supplies.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I think it's the re-loading supplies at Wal-Mart.

I'm surprised they can carry that stuff because of their main group of patrons.... But, I've never seen it in the few times I've been to any Wal-mart.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

When I click on the picture, it fills my screen, Reloading Dies, Bullets, Powder, Presses (barely visable on the bottom shelf) and what was missing from the picture was the Hornaday V-Max on the next shelf up, primers, and other small reloading "accessories" hanging above the shelf. Prices are not bad either!

In other words the picture is calling me to go back and "spend, spend, spend". However, on that day my wife was able to speak louder, or more threatening - not sure which.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

oooh, sweet. my local walmart has the basic guns and ammo section with a few universal holsters, scopes, a few bipods, etc. nothing that cool. you probably have one of the few walmarts that do, lucky you huh?
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Yep, don't see that stuff in my Walmart(s).

Congrats on the move, one part of the country I haven't explored yet.
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the Wall marts in central CT had to agree to only sell some ammo and sporting rifles.
    no pistoles or gun related equipment cause the stores are in ( or on bus lines from) high crime areas.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

UH,DUH!,how diffrent life is in Montana,compared to the East Coast,would you see Reloading dies and Powder say in.......Maryland in Wal-Mart
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Their ammo inventory appears to be on open shelves. The Wally World stores where I buy my practice rounds, here in MI, keep most of their ammo under lock and key in a sliding glass door cabinet. Usually, you have to hunt down the WW employee who happens to be the keeper of the key to the cabinet.

One time, they realized that I had been waiting patiently for a long time and had made several requests for the key keeper. I never made a stink about it so they gave me a $20 certificate, which I immediately purchased ammo with.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Montana sounds like a good retirement place in a few years:-)
    Ishmael likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    I read somewhere that walmart was going to start stocking EBR's (evil black rifles). They may even be made in USA. Who knows?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Yeah we stop at the Wally World in Nampa ID on the way elk hunting every year to stock up. During hunting season that place has a full blown hunting store going on,, everything available!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - Second Amendment T-Shirts

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ - Go Greek. Lifetime member Kappa Kappa Bang (KKB) Fraternity

Interesting. Wal-Farts in Maine, that I've seen, only sell muzzle-loading supplies when it comes to powder and bullets. I'm not a reloader but I'll have to look closer the next time I wander in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links