Just purchased a GLOCK - Page 4

Just purchased a GLOCK

This is a discussion on Just purchased a GLOCK within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by QKShooter And...Time to go holster shopping. IWB or what? starting to think about it....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Just purchased a GLOCK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    And...Time to go holster shopping.
    IWB or what? starting to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    IWB or what? starting to think about it.
    I just ordered a white hat holster (sponsor of this site) and an American Holster Co (also a sponsor), I couldn't decide which to get so I got both. How do you like the Glock so far, I've always been a Glock hater so been reluctant to try one out again. Gen 2 did not impress me.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

VIP Member
    I will shoot the new Glock on Wed I will give you the update. I love my Smith wheel guns, my 1911 and my PPK/s so I will give you my input. I think I am going to like the glock 19 gen 3. I plan to shoot reloads and factory ammo in it. Funny how some people love them and others hate them.

I am a revolver and 1911 guy. But since I like to collect I decided to make a new purchase. Seems to me many of you love your Glocks and many don't. So I decided to purchase one. I found a gen 3 model 19 for cheap. I went the used route so I did not spend much money. I fits my hand really nice and I like the size.

what is your opinion?
    My opinion? You done good. What you do with it from now on is up to you. 3rd gen Glocks is where I'll stay.........not much can be improved on the best IMO. Make of it what you will. Best combat handgun ever made.

I will shoot the new Glock on Wed I will give you the update. I love my Smith wheel guns, my 1911 and my PPK/s so I will give you my input. I think I am going to like the glock 19 gen 3. I plan to shoot reloads and factory ammo in it. Funny how some people love them and others hate them.
    Those that hate them never gave them a chance. Truth be known the haters are not willing to accept what's real. Many never even want to work with their tools...they'd rather have their tools conform to them. Amen
    Haters are only disbelievers. Have faith in nothing much less themselves.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    And...Time to go holster shopping.
    What holster would you suggest?

VIP Member
    SHOT the GLOCK 19 this evening!!!!! YEP I LIKE IT!!!! Shot cheap ammo, expensive ammon and about 50 of my reloads. No problem. I can make it work. My friend who was a glock hater also shot it and put a nice little group. Now he also wants one. I am going to move forward with the night sights and holster.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Those that hate them never gave them a chance. Truth be known the haters are not willing to accept what's real. Many never even want to work with their tools...they'd rather have their tools conform to them. Amen
    Haters are only disbelievers. Have faith in nothing much less themselves.
    Not true. At least in my case. I will accept that they're great guns; especially for the money. I just don't like them. Couldn't bring myself to own one unless someone was willing to give me one.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Nothing pretty about a nasty ole Glock, but I sure like em.

VIP Member
    I heard so much about them I had to see first hand. I am glad I got one. But I may get a Sig next. guess it depends on how you are going to use it and what you can afford to spend.

Holster choices????

VIP Member
    MY new Glock update! Got the new night sites installed today. I got a leather belt slide holster. I also have an old Galco Miami Classic for a gun no longer used so I have a Glock holder on order and I will convert the old system. I will be able to shoulder it or use the belt slide. No going to carry additional mags since it has 15 +1. The same number of rounds I carried with my 1911.

Senior Moderator
    MY new Glock update! Got the new night sites installed today. I got a leather belt slide holster. I also have an old Galco Miami Classic for a gun no longer used so I have a Glock holder on order and I will convert the old system. I will be able to shoulder it or use the belt slide. No going to carry additional mags since it has 15 +1. The same number of rounds I carried with my 1911.
    Having an extra magazine isn't always about having more ammo. Swapping magazines is an integral part of malfunction clearance beyond the initial tap/rack.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Having an extra magazine isn't always about having more ammo. Swapping magazines is an integral part of malfunction clearance beyond the initial tap/rack.

Matt
    point, but it won't have malfunctions. I plan to shoot it a lot and if it does jam, back to the 1911. Hope I never have to get into a gunfight with that many rounds cutting loose.

Glocks Rock! Great choice I am sure you will be very happy with it. 3rd Gen is quite decent I must say. Before you know it just might become your primary CCW. I have a 3rd gen 21, but planning on getting a 19c soon.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Senior Moderator
    point, but it won't have malfunctions. I plan to shoot it a lot and if it does jam, back to the 1911. Hope I never have to get into a gunfight with that many rounds cutting loose.
    It's almost as handy to know in advance when your gun won't malfunction as it is to know in advance when you'll be attacked...
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links