Just purchased a GLOCK

Just purchased a GLOCK

This is a discussion on Just purchased a GLOCK within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am a revolver and 1911 guy. But since I like to collect I decided to make a new purchase. Seems to me many of ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Just purchased a GLOCK

VIP Member

Just purchased a GLOCK

I am a revolver and 1911 guy. But since I like to collect I decided to make a new purchase. Seems to me many of you love your Glocks and many don't. So I decided to purchase one. I found a gen 3 model 19 for cheap. I went the used route so I did not spend much money. I fits my hand really nice and I like the size.

what is your opinion?

Nothing better than Glock.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Sorry.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    DAO = SUCK.

But, really, they're great guns. Quite probably the best for the price. Shot a few different Glocks, and they are pretty good point and shoot guns, but I still don't like DAO guns.
    JerryMac and bmcgilvray like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

It really doesn't matter what others "think", it is what YOU like that counts.

I'm not a Glock fan but if a one of them does the trick then go for it. I have fired a Glock 9mm that my LEO buddy uses as his back up and it wasn't too bad. Even though I'm not a Glock-nut, I would own one if the price were right.

I hope your Glock gives you years of good service.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Next thread from MrBuckwheat: 1911 and Revolver for sale!!!!!
    joker1, Justified and 10thmtn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    DAO = SUCK.

But, really, they're great guns. Quite probably the best for the price. Shot a few different Glocks, and they are pretty good point and shoot guns, but I still don't like DAO guns.
    Somehow I never thought of the Glock as a DAO gun. By DAO, I assume you mean "Double Action Only?" I'm pretty sure the trigger is single action. Racking the slide will cock the hammer, the trigger just releases it. If anything, I'd say it is single-action only. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Variety is the spice of life ...... Tell us what you think of it after you shoot it a few times. I have several handguns, 2 being glocks, and that is the one I keep at home for my HD handgun, with nightsights, a nice laser light / strobe combo, there is one thing for sure, I NEVER have a doubt that when I pull the trigger I am going to get a bang.....and a bang.....and a bang .......
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Somehow I never thought of the Glock as a DAO gun. By DAO, I assume you mean "Double Action Only?" I'm pretty sure the trigger is single action. Racking the slide will cock the hammer, the trigger just releases it. If anything, I'd say it is single-action only. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Negative,
    Glock I believe considers there gun "Safe Action". In a safe action pistol I do not believe the gun is cocked or uncocked

From Glocks Website

The “Safe Action” system is a partly tensioned firing pin lock, which is moved further back by the trigger bar when the trigger is pulled.

When the trigger is pulled, 3 safety features are automatically deactivated one after another. When doing so, the trigger bar is deflected downward by the connector and the firing pin is released under full load. When the trigger is released, all three safety features re-engage and the GLOCK pistol is automatically secured again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_(firearms)

Pre-set (striker or hammer)Pre-set strikers and hammers apply only to semi-automatic handguns. Upon firing a cartridge or loading the chamber, the hammer or striker will rest in a partially cocked position. The trigger serves the function of completing the cocking cycle and then releasing the striker or hammer. While technically two actions, it differs from a double-action trigger in that the trigger is not capable of fully cocking the striker or hammer. It differs from single action in that if the striker or hammer were to release, it would generally not be capable of igniting the primer.
    Guest1 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    DAO = SUCK.

Good to know, but Glock is not a DAO gun.
    hazard123 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

welcome to the dark side, in time you will be selling your antique weapons and buying either more glocks or even better glocks like steyrs and caracals
    hazard123 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I've read that before, but the fact that the trigger performs two functions instead of just one, and there is no way to fully cock the weapon WITHOUT pulling the trigger leads me to think that DAO is the closest classification you can get. It definitely isn't DA/SA, or SAO.

Might be a little out-dated, but I think about it in terms of a revolver- you can cock it (single action), just squeeze the trigger (DA) or any combination of the two (DA/SA). Unless you have a 'hammerless' or reproduction single action revolver.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Just purchased a GLOCK
    I am a revolver and 1911 guy.
    DAO = SUCK.
    Whatever you want to call it the effect is DAO to me. That being said, the OP who as a revolver guy will probably appreciate the revolver like simplicity and reliability of the Glock 19 and if he's carried and practiced with a revolver for self defense situations he won't find the Glock difficult to adjust to. If he wants to carry a semi auto for personal protection the Glock 19 is a great choice in my humble opinion.

GLOCK=Win!
    3rd Gen=Win!
    19=WIN!

You've got a great win streak going!
    Guest1 and 10thmtn like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Once you've had Glock you won't go bock.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links