Benelli Supernova 12ga w/ Comfortech

Benelli Supernova 12ga w/ Comfortech

This is a discussion on Benelli Supernova 12ga w/ Comfortech within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently bought a 30-06.. a Ruger M77 that I took to the range this weekend.. Its stainless and synthetic. I have shot several ott ...

Thread: Benelli Supernova 12ga w/ Comfortech

Question Benelli Supernova 12ga w/ Comfortech

I recently bought a 30-06.. a Ruger M77 that I took to the range this weekend.. Its stainless and synthetic. I have shot several ott sixes in my 27 years and none kicked the crap out of me like this thing did. After the first shot which was about 3 minutes low, I promply sat the rifle DOWN and thought about what just happened, cause it wasnt pleasant. I thought maybe I wasnt holding it tight because i was shooting from a bench so after a minute or two.. I lined up for a second shot. Same thing.. after a couple more minutes i tried a third, which turned out to be the final shot of the day. It just hurt.. (I just realized how off-subject this is, so im wrapping up the story and getting to the question soon. Im not trying to write a story for american rifleman) I took the rifle to a local gunsmith to get a limbsaver put on it instead of that hard ass rubber buttpad that came with the gun, and got a right arm shooters.. leather-padded-shoulder-thingy, and naturally started browsing the gun selection. I found a couple shotguns I really liked.

Both were Benelli's.. 12 ga. Supernova Pump, and a second was a Super Black Eagle II auto. Both were synthetic, but were also the 'comfortech' style of recoil absorbing buttstock. Does anyone have any experience with Benelli shotguns or especially with Benelli shotguns with comfortech buttstock??

I really like the look, feel, and durability of the synthetic stocks, but if I have to pay a price like the ott six gave me everytime while doing it... Im going to have to pass and get some nice walnut. (Hopefully the limbsaver on the rifle will help! any experience with 'limbsaver' buttpads would be appreciated if you mentioned it!)
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I have used the comforttech Bennelli's and find them to be very comfortable, comparable to a 12 automatic...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

JD
    Administrator
    I'm affraid I don't have the comfort tech stock, but the Nova's are relatively less expensive, I do have a tactical Nova and it's pretty damn cool, it cycled very fast and was very accurate and didn't break the bank. I've heard that the comfort tech stocks are nice and perform well in thier task.

BUMP
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Sponsored Links