Bonnie and Clyde guns bring $210,000.00

This is a discussion on Bonnie and Clyde guns bring $210,000.00 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bonnie and Clyde guns bring $210,000 in Missouri auction - Yahoo! News...

Thread: Bonnie and Clyde guns bring $210,000.00

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

That's quite a lot for two firearms, if they really were Bonnie and Clyde's, someone got a really good price.

Clyde may have used the Thompson, but in reality, he preferred the Browning Automatic Rifle. It fired .30-06 from a 20 round detachable magazine and was a devastating firearm. Developed by John M. Browning, it came in just at the end of WWI and would have really made a difference if our Troops had it early on.

Barrow stole them from National Guard Armories whenever he could. He "customized" them by cutting the stock and barrel down to help hid it underneath his clothing. He also improvised a sling that is similar in design to what SWAT teams used on their M-16A1's. Barrow was deadly with the BAR. Bonnie may have used it occasionally, it was a tough one to control, especially for someone of her stature.

I wonder what one of Clyde Barrows' BAR's would sell for?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Pocket change for Old School.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links