I'm in trouble now.

This is a discussion on I'm in trouble now. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought I had all of the firearms that I needed. Then I visited a new(to me) gunshop while waiting for my daughter to take ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By phreddy
  • 1 Post By gottabkiddin
  • 2 Post By phreddy
  • 3 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: I'm in trouble now.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

I'm in trouble now.

I thought I had all of the firearms that I needed. Then I visited a new(to me) gunshop while waiting for my daughter to take the ACT test on Saturday. The shop had a select-fire mini 14 for $7,500.00. I always thought that selelct fire would be $15-20,000. With a little saving and not buying a new car for a few more years, I could actually buy one. Now, how to tell the wife?
    RockStrongo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, you're in trouble

Simple, just stop in, pick it up and tell her it was a moment of weakness; then proceed to beg for forgiveness and tell her how you've always wanted one yada yada yada.
    Guest1 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Simple, just stop in, pick it up and tell her it was a moment of weakness; then proceed to beg for forgiveness and tell her how you've always wanted one yada yada yada.
    The price of the apology jewelry might delay me a few more months.

Or how about, "Honey, It's ann investment. It will do better than our stocks."
    Last edited by phreddy; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Administrator
    If you are serious about this, let me tell you this... it isnt worth the money. Not by a long shot. You'll buy the thing, shoot it a bit, then the novelty of it will wear off and you will regret buying a mini 14 for $7,500.
    "Just blame Sixto"

But.....but......but......Honey......it just begged for me to buy it!

Well, at least it was a good try. Hope the dog house isn't too cold at night!

BTW sweet purchase.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

As much as I would like full auto I do not know of anyplace that would let me shoot it around here. Not to mention the cost. A bit high for my tastes. Would rather have a few suppressed SBRs for that kind of money.

Shot a full auto machine gun once. That was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you are serious about this, let me tell you this... it isnt worth the money. Not by a long shot. You'll buy the thing, shoot it a bit, then the novelty of it will wear off and you will regret buying a mini 14 for $7,500.
    I rarely disagree with Sixto. He usually is right on the money even if its something you dont wanna hear. I will agree the novelty will wear off pretty quickly, and you will get tired of runnig through ammo so quickly.

I will say this though. Research it. You have time it is not something that is gonna fly off the shelf. Make sure it is a decent deal. If it is...it will be a decent investment. If you are interested in being in to NFA guns, they are an investment. You can get in "cheap" with some thing like this or other similar priced guns. If you can afford to sit on it for a few years it will gain value and you can sell it for a profit to "upgrade". The mini 14 is not a real desirable piece in NFA but is a great way to get started probably because you can utrn it around to get something better with the profit later on. YMMV JMHO.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I agree. They have have other full autos that you can rent for $35 plus ammo. I always thought the price was way out of reach to own one. When I heard the price, my mind started racing. This is why I stopped impulse purchasing. Now, I start an envelope and save up until I get to the purchase price. This gives me a lot of time for second thoughs.

It would be cool for a little while though.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I rarely disagree with Sixto. He usually is right on the money even if its something you dont wanna hear. I will agree the novelty will wear off pretty quickly, and you will get tired of runnig through ammo so quickly.

I will say this though. Research it. You have time it is not something that is gonna fly off the shelf. Make sure it is a decent deal. If it is...it will be a decent investment. If you are interested in being in to NFA guns, they are an investment. You can get in "cheap" with some thing like this or other similar priced guns. If you can afford to sit on it for a few years it will gain value and you can sell it for a profit to "upgrade". The mini 14 is not a real desirable piece in NFA but is a great way to get started probably because you can utrn it around to get something better with the profit later on. YMMV JMHO.
    And I can agree with the investment aspect. All though, I do not see a large incline in value for any NFA stuff in the immediate future.
    "Just blame Sixto"

And I can agree with the investment aspect. All though, I do not see a large incline in value for any NFA stuff in the immediate future.
    Agreed. The market is fickle sometimes, and sort of rides with the economy. I guess thats why I would recommend he take his time and really research it. If it does sell well then he is $7500 heavier. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If you wanta experience something that is pretty close to FA, the slide fire stock for an AR15 isn't too bad and only costs $350.00
    paramedic70002 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Go ahead and ask her, but there's no need to post her reply...we'll hear her from there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Well, I don't see Congress un-buggering (can I say that here?) that particular law so I doubt you'll lose money. No guarantees though.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links