45 lc lever - Page 3

45 lc lever

This is a discussion on 45 lc lever within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock I really want to pick up a 44 Mag Lever to match up with my SS Vaquero in 44 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 45 lc lever

Tampa, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I really want to pick up a 44 Mag Lever to match up with my SS Vaquero in 44 Mag. I like all of the above ideas. Makes me want to go shopping!
    Same here. I've got plenty of .357 stored up, and a lever gun would be a perfect compliment to a Smith 686 side arm and an SP101 pocket carry. Unfortunately/fortunately, every time I get ready to do it, I go out and shoot my AR and fall in love again. Nearly the same price point, 30 vs 10 rounds, can I plink golf balls or frozen water bottles at 150 yds with a lever gun? Yeah, but probably not as consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I'm a .45 fan. I love my 1911s in .45acp. I also have a a Henry in .45LC that my wife gave me. I hunt with a Marlin Guide gun in .45-70 & have a big game gun in .458.

That being said you would be better served with a lever gun in .44mag. It's cheaper to shoot, ammo is way easier to find for .44mag as well. I use lever guns around the farm all the time & use .30-30 more than anything else. It is capable of much longer shots than the .45lc or even the .44mag.

If you want a pistol caliber lever go .44mag or .357. If you want to step up a little in power go with a .30-30. ..............45lc isn't worth it unless you're collecting, if you want a useable 'tool gun' go with something else.
    True...if your not a reloader. The OP should buy himself a set of 45 dies to go with his reloading equipment and the 45 Colt is well worth it.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

OP - I find the recoil of my Marlin 336 in .30-30 to be very reasonable. If you don't already have a revolver in .357 or .45 LC, then I'd suggest a true rifle caliber.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links