It's a good thing I don't believe in OMENS! - Page 2

It's a good thing I don't believe in OMENS!

This is a discussion on It's a good thing I don't believe in OMENS! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by JoJoGunn Or the previous President! Or the current presidents scheme for Gun Control!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: It's a good thing I don't believe in OMENS!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Or the previous President!
    Or the current presidents scheme for Gun Control!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Sponsor
    I'm going to bring this one back from the dead!

After all the garbage was done, I finally got to put that rifle together and here she is:

She's a sweet shooting piece. I'm not good enough to test the limitations of the rifle.

Today I got the go-ahead(fathers day) to order a higher quality scope and went with Trijicon's 5-20x50, mildot Accupoint. So, if anyone is in the market for a decent, low cost long range glass, let me know!
    joker1 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Sponsor

This Rifle is Cursed!

The box from Optics Planet arrived today. I ordered a Trijicon Accupoint scope, Vortex rings and a Wheeler scope mounting kit.

I opened the box with visions of an afternoon spent aligning and lapping the mounting rings to get the perfect cradle for my new glass.

THERE'S NO STINKIN' RINGS IN THE BOX!

I call Optics Planet and they tell me that the Vortex Rings are shipping from a different warehouse and should arrive in a couple days. Oh well, that's not so bad.

Then I open the Trijicon box to spy on the neighbor's dog and the green dot is not visible. It's there when I open the fiber optic window up and give it some light but the tritium dot is non existent. I took it into a dark room to see if there is any glow at all and there is just enough to see it dimly in total darkness.

Now this was listed as a factory refurb but the box has a big sticker on it that says "DEMO" so I'm thinking to my self, "Self, you should have ponied up the extra cash for a new scope". After a call to Trijicon I feel better. They said it will be covered under their standard "New" warranty. I'm sure I'll have to eat the shipping but at least it won't cost me $100.00 to have it re-lamped.

Oh yeah, I have an extra hard plastic case for the Wheeler scope kit if anyone needs it. One of the biggest complaints that I found in the online reviews for this kit was that it did not come with a tool case, just a cardboard box. So, when I ordered I checked the description and it did not list a case in the contents. OP had an empty case for the kit listed for $9.99 so I figured I'd get the case to protect my investment. Well, the tool kit came packed in a very nice hard plastic case that keeps everything nice and secure in their own little niche. An exact twin to the one that lay empty in the box next to the tool kit.

AAAARRGGHH!!!! I can't win!

OK, I'm done crying for a while.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links