S&W Customer Service

This is a discussion on S&W Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bought a S&W 15-22 for my youngest boy a year and a half ago or so. The day before Christmas we were out shooting and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: S&W Customer Service

Thumbs up S&W Customer Service

Bought a S&W 15-22 for my youngest boy a year and a half ago or so. The day before Christmas we were out shooting and after he shot it he said something was wrong with it. He clicked the safety, dropped the mag, checked the chamber, and said a casing was still in the barrel. Well, it wouldn't extract the casing, and after looking around I found a small pin and spring on the ground directly below where he had been shooting. After doing a little checking, another piece was missing, still not sure why this happened.

Anyway, I put the gun up till the second week of the year, then emailed S&W. I got a prepaid shipping stamp emailed to me, Fed-Ex picked it up from my house, and I got it back, delivered, today.

Excellent customer service, fast work, and it runs great, again, now. This is the second time I've dealt with their customer service, both results excellent!!!

All A's for S&W products, and definitely for their customer service. I am a very happy customer.
    bigmacque likes this.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

2. Remove Ads

It's their product that gets my business but it is the customer service that keeps my business.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

They are outstanding! Some other companies could learn a thing or two from S&W.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Absolutely love my Smith and Wesson guns. American made and proud too!

I replaced my recoil spring in my 22A pistol after at least 15 thousand rounds,they sent me one free of charge,got it in time to shoot it Sunday,when I compared it to the old one there was at least a 1/2" difference,It runs like a new gun now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Obviously not dealing with Houlton CS

VIP Member
    Smith & Wesson is hard to beat.

I/We have six S&W pistols. Brother & his family have almost as many.
    Should we ever need CS, this gives me a good feeling inside.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

How long did they have it?

No problems yet with either of my S&W revolvers (both bought new), so that's one big reason to be happy about them. This just adds another for me...

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Always nice to hear a positive Customer Service post!

Thanks..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

My next gun is probably going to be an S&W M&P9 and not a Glock. There is something to be said about products made in the USA and outstanding customer service. That is why I also like Ruger.
    Diddle likes this.

Good to hear they have great customer service. We have only one S&W, an old Model 60 (no dash). However, am considering buying an M&P9c sometime in the future. My only concern about the OP's breakage, is, what if this was to happen at the time when his life depends on that firearm? Not saying it couldn't happen to "any" other firearm, just saying, it would not be good. Glad it happened during "range time".
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Another testimonial to the responsiveness and excellent quality S&W Customer Service. They are there to help with their product not tell you why they don't have to. Quality truly is free in terms of business.

It would be interesting to compare their customer service budget with that of other companies.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    How long did they have it?

Two weeks exactly, it was picked up on Monday the 9th, and returned on Monday the 23rd. When you figure a couple/few days transit each way, the two weekends between, I feel they got to it pretty quick!!

The last time I dealt with them I had an S&W 637 that locked up. I sent it in, and got a new one immediately. I own several S&W's, and won't hesitate a second to buy another when I feel the need. I'm glad to see others have had a good experience with them too!
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

I just had to call them on friday about the pair of M&P9cs I bought. (One for me and one for my mother as an X-Mas gift.) Basically the front sights on both guns have some major issues. On mine the front sight drifted about a centimeter to the left after around 300 rounds through, and the white dot came out of the other one at about 100 rounds, and had already started to drift left. The Customer Service Rep offered to send me new ones that I could have installed, but I declined on the premise of 'I shouldent have to spend more money on these guns, I just bought them.' He agreed and is sending me shipping lables that should arrive today. Additionally I asked where I could obtain more pinky extensions for the spare mags, and he shipped two of them to me, free of charge. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links