Shooting hand getting scraped when firing

This is a discussion on Shooting hand getting scraped when firing within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi all. I just got a G19 and both times I have been to the range, I come away with a scrape on the base ...

Thread: Shooting hand getting scraped when firing

Hi all. I just got a G19 and both times I have been to the range, I come away with a scrape on the base of my thumb, on top. If I was holding the weapon in my hand, it would be at 7 o'clock, on top of the 2nd joint of the thumb.

I shoot well and have no problems with groupings, but I don't understand why I am getting tore up.

I am holding it too tight/loose? Is this something common to Glocks? I shot expert in the military with a 9mm Beretta and don't remember having this problem then.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are use to 1911's that is probably why. A 1911 shooter hold's a higher grip with the beaver tail. I would say that you are laying your inside thumb to firm to the slide. I am not a Glock shooter but my boss has one and he get's chewed on as well, he is a 1911 shooter as well.

Prabably not much help but just an observation.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

That is the exact reason I decided against the Glock. I was going to get a g30 but after renting a g33 I had that problem. I thought it was just something to get used to and I had 100 rounds to get through so I just sucked it up, and decided to try something else. Ended up with a Warthog instead.

Recently my brother in law brought a g27 and I decided to give it a try but I couldn't modify my grip to avoid this problem.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Sponsored Links