Disappointed with Glock - Page 2

Disappointed with Glock

This is a discussion on Disappointed with Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody know of a place where I can order the Lone Wolf Extractor? I might try it before I send it back to Glock. someone ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Disappointed with Glock

Anybody know of a place where I can order the Lone Wolf Extractor? I might try it before I send it back to Glock.
    someone mention if you replace it yourself it will void the warrenty

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I was reading the threads about Glocks ejection problems last night is this just a glock 17, 19 /9 mm problem? I have a 23 4th Generation that I carry daily and have no issue with brass ejecting in face and have shoot over 1000 rounds thru it, or am i just lucky so far...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Wow; I guess I've been off the grid for awhile.

I remember well the day back in 2005 when I was right smack in the middle of a Glock match, well on my way to winning the match (and a nice Glock pistol) when the steel block in the frame of the gun snapped in half while I was running the plate rack and completely seized up the G34 I was shooting; Chris Edwards was standing right there talking up an Armorer from SAPD and a couple of other LEOs trying to make a sale I guess. Needless to say, Chris and the Glock Armorer tried for 2 hours to get the slide off the gun to no avail; they ended up damaging the frame getting it apart, so Chris replaced the gun on the spot, apologizing profusely, and giving me a case of PMC ammo for my trouble. That G34 had less than 200 rounds through it when that happened, and the replacement has been flawless.

But make no mistake, all guns fail, even the mighty Glock........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    someone mention if you replace it yourself it will void the warrenty
    I didn't think of that.. I guess back to Glock it goes.

I talked to Glock today and they said I have two options; To either have a Glock Armorer call and order the parts, or to send my gun into them. I asked what the issue was and he said that it is the ejector not the extractor and that there is no extractor problem in the Gen 3 G26. So I guess I will try to find a Glock Armorer to order the parts for me.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    Thanks for the info.. The email I received was just kinda rude and short. I will call them next time and talk to someone. How long did it take to get your Glock back?
    It's still with them, I am just repeating what the tech agreed to do, which was that at a minimum they would replace the ejector and extractor.

I am glad you called them and got the same response I did about the ejector. I thought about having them send the new parts to my local Glock armorer, but I absolutely refuse to pay a Glock armorer 40 bucks to do a 5 minute parts swap - which is my local guys minimum labor charge - for the sole reason that if Glock sends them parts directly they have to be the ones to put it in the gun. So I ended up having them send a free shipping label and will simply allow them to do it so that I don't have to pay for anything. I also specified in an addendum to the warranty sheet that they fire a minimum of 100 rounds through the gun, and that if the gun was unable to be satisfactorily fixed that I wanted a new production G19 Gen 4. I was a little demanding.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Don't like getting hit with hot brass? Get a revolver. Problem solved.

No, I haven't had any of those problems with the Glocks I've fired. Had it happen a couple times with my Taurus, but it's few and far between. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem- it sucks having problems with new guns.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Here is some additional info. My Gen. 3 G19 and Gen. 4 G26 have been flawless.

New 30274 Ejector!

No, it's a grip STRENGTH issue, not a grip issue. Grab the stocks just a bit harder.

Let me ask ya this--which way do the sights go in recoil? That will tell you which hand to up the power on. If you don't know, you may be blinking in addition to the loose rip problem.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I hold my G30 steady enough, all my empites will land in a 5-gallon bucket behind my right shoulder. Guess i'm lucky.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Do yourself a favor, make Glock do all the work. They will change the extractor and ejector at the same time. My Gen 4 seemed like it was tuned to shoot brass either on the top of my forehead or between my eyes. It was fixed when I got it back, but still had weak ejections. For example if I shoot my Colt's or Sig's at an indoor range the brass literally kicks off the side walls of the stall.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Might be a 9MM thing. I have a Gen2 27 and a Gen3 23 with no ejection/extraction problems.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    It's a grip issue. When I have students with this problem I tell them to grip the gun just a bit harder and the problem goes away. Same thing with the FTEs.
    I tend to go along with HK Dan. Review your stance and grip.
    My Gen 3-26 has none of the issues yours does.
    Sometimes a gun just doesn't quite fit the person.

You make a good point. I think I will do the same thing as you did.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    My Springfield 1911 hit me dead center or my forehead last night at the range 1st and only time it happened. Left a perfect circle on my forehead. I felt betrayed.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links