Disappointed with Glock

This is a discussion on Disappointed with Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe I should use it for a couple months! I have run the cheap loads in mine and some rather weak hastly made reloads with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Disappointed with Glock

VIP Member
    Maybe I should use it for a couple months! I have run the cheap loads in mine and some rather weak hastly made reloads with no problems. Probably something very simple.

2. Remove Ads

I am going to send mine back to Glock and have them fire 100 rounds though it like a previous posted mentioned.

I see the price of used Gen 1's and 2's staying firm.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If I hold my G30 steady enough, all my empites will land in a 5-gallon bucket behind my right shoulder. Guess i'm lucky.
    You're shooting the brass better than I shoot the bullet.

VIP Member
    The beauty of Glock is that for about $10to $20 and twenty minutes of your time you can swap out the suspect part. I'd try a new extractor first.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    Might be a 9MM thing. I have a Gen2 27 and a Gen3 23 with no ejection/extraction problems.
    I also have a gen 3 g23 and have had zero problems. Only 500 rounds through it though.
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Wow; I guess I've been off the grid for awhile.

I remember well the day back in 2005 when I was right smack in the middle of a Glock match, well on my way to winning the match (and a nice Glock pistol) when the steel block in the frame of the gun snapped in half while I was running the plate rack and completely seized up the G34 I was shooting; Chris Edwards was standing right there talking up an Armorer from SAPD and a couple of other LEOs trying to make a sale I guess. Needless to say, Chris and the Glock Armorer tried for 2 hours to get the slide off the gun to no avail; they ended up damaging the frame getting it apart, so Chris replaced the gun on the spot, apologizing profusely, and giving me a case of PMC ammo for my trouble. That G34 had less than 200 rounds through it when that happened, and the replacement has been flawless.

But make no mistake, all guns fail, even the mighty Glock........
    This is a perfect example of why any shooter should put more than 500 rounds through a new firearm, no matter the make/model. Luckily, it wasn't a SD scenario in your case!

On to the original topic, however.

I did originally have a few problems with a newer Gen 3 Glock 19 in regards to getting hit in the face with brass. However, all of these occurrences happened within the first 1,500 rounds. There have been zero "brass to face extractions" from 1,500 to 8,000, and the gun has been flawless since.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links