Disappointed with Glock

This is a discussion on Disappointed with Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a Glock 26 Gen 3 and I am having problems with it ejecting brass into my face. Yesterday I took it to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Disappointed with Glock

Disappointed with Glock

I recently purchased a Glock 26 Gen 3 and I am having problems with it ejecting brass into my face. Yesterday I took it to the range and out of a 100 rounds had it fail to eject 3 different times. I contacted Glock and they told me to send it back. The email was not very professional at all. I understand they are having a lot of issues lately and don't probably are dealing with a lot of people sending in guns but it just disappointed me the way they are handling things.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome.

This might shed a bit of light on your matter: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...presently.html

A lot of very knowledgeable folks will chime in too.

Good luck.

maybe there's a new 500 round break in period like Kimber suggest
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Sorry to hear of your issues. I have never had any dealings with Glock C/S but I have read a lot of positive comments. Just googling "glock ejecting brass rearward" does bring up quiet a bit of chatter. Have you perhaps changed ammo to see if that makes a difference? I'd google around and see. There may be a solution right at hand. FWIT, I shot a lot of winchester white box target loads and Remington target ammo in my G26 before settling down to Hornady CD ammo.

I wish you the best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Sorry to hear of your issues. I have never had any dealings with Glock C/S but I have read a lot of positive comments. Just googling "glock ejecting brass rearward" does bring up quiet a bit of chatter. Have you perhaps changed ammo to see if that makes a difference? I'd google around and see. There may be a solution right at hand. FWIT, I shot a lot of winchester white box target loads and Remington target ammo in my G26 before settling down to Hornady CD ammo.

I wish you the best!
    I have tried different types of ammo and it is all the same 80% of my brass hits me in the face. Just kinda bothers me, the reason I went with glock was because of their reputation. I will send it in and see if they fix it.

Anybody know of a place where I can order the Lone Wolf Extractor? I might try it before I send it back to Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    Anybody know of a place where I can order the Lone Wolf Extractor? I might try it before I send it back to Glock.
    Try Brownells or MidwayUSA
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    What ammo did you use? How did you hold the weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    What ammo did you use? How did you hold the weapon?
    This was just some bulk no name ammo. It has done it with Winchester and federal ammo.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I just posted this in the "Glock once stood..." thread, but I will post it here as well, since it more directly relates. My recent production G19 Gen 3 also has erratic ejection problems - works fine in all other regards - but I am also tired of getting casings to the face. So I called Glock and after the tech heard the symptoms he immediately told me I needed the new 30274 ejector, which is now being put in Gen 4 Glocks apparently. He seemed confident that was the fix, and also agreed to put a new non-MIM extractor in the gun. I am not sure why new Gen 3 Glocks are having this into-the-face-ejection problem, but according to the Glock guy, the ejector is the fix. I am happy with Glock CS, no charge to me, new ejector and extractor.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I have a 19 Gen 4 and just had the 30274 installed because of brass in the face and it did not correct the problem. I will contact them again and see if it is the extractor. Everything else is great now. I have tried 5 types of ammo and had the problem with all of them, although the 115 gr seems to be the worst. Good luck with your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    I just posted this in the "Glock once stood..." thread, but I will post it here as well, since it more directly relates. My recent production G19 Gen 3 also has erratic ejection problems - works fine in all other regards - but I am also tired of getting casings to the face. So I called Glock and after the tech heard the symptoms he immediately told me I needed the new 30274 ejector, which is now being put in Gen 4 Glocks apparently. He seemed confident that was the fix, and also agreed to put a new non-MIM extractor in the gun. I am not sure why new Gen 3 Glocks are having this into-the-face-ejection problem, but according to the Glock guy, the ejector is the fix. I am happy with Glock CS, no charge to me, new ejector and extractor.
    Thanks for the info.. The email I received was just kinda rude and short. I will call them next time and talk to someone. How long did it take to get your Glock back?

Anyone have any luck with Glock sending them the 30274 ejector?

It's a grip issue. When I have studentswith this problem I tell them to grip the gun just a bit harder and the problem goes away. Same thing with the FTEs.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    It's a grip issue. When I have studentswith this problem I tell them to grip the gun just a bit harder and the problem goes away. Same thing with the FTEs.
    I tried adjusting my grip and it didn't help at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links