High-Capacity Pistol Not Required

This is a discussion on High-Capacity Pistol Not Required within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This doesn't really pertain to general firearms discussion except to cause a bit of trepidation over what could happen to a pistol shooter who was ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: High-Capacity Pistol Not Required

This doesn't really pertain to general firearms discussion except to cause a bit of trepidation over what could happen to a pistol shooter who was a little "off his feed" with his chosen favorite handgun.

Archery - Fast Shooting (Murmansk) - YouTube

She's effective at pistol ranges. What do you think?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Man, I would love to see some home invaders laid out looking like pincushions!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I used to be a home invader, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I used to be a home invader, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Ahh, a fellow Skyrim player?

Many years ago, about the time the waters were receding, I fancied myself a traditional archer and tried my hand with both longbow and recurve. If I had been one tiny fraction as good as this Russian girl I might have brought home some venison. She's amazing.

Interesting to me is her palm facing starboard when she nocks and releases. There is alot of hard work she has put into that.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Future ex wife

For defense, I think the pistol still wins, for two main reasons.

First is that I can accurately use a pistol with just one hand, so if one is injured or busy fending someone off, I am still effective.

Second is the room needed to use a bow is a lot larger than a pistol. I can fire a pistol from retention, and the bullet has full force. Once you get inside an archer's reach, their weapon is mostly useless.

Not taking away from her skills, she is certainly impressive with that bow. But, there is a reason that even the English abandoned their beloved longbow, after it had several hundred years of battlefield dominance.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Yeah, but if she is that good with that bow, what else could she be good with? Er, uh, weapons I mean.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yeah, but if she is that good with that bow, what else could she be good with? Er, uh, weapons I mean.
    Well, she obviously has some strength, athletic ability and excellent hand/eye coordination.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    For defense, I think the pistol still wins, for two main reasons.

First is that I can accurately use a pistol with just one hand, so if one is injured or busy fending someone off, I am still effective.

Second is the room needed to use a bow is a lot larger than a pistol. I can fire a pistol from retention, and the bullet has full force. Once you get inside an archer's reach, their weapon is mostly useless.

Not taking away from her skills, she is certainly impressive with that bow. But, there is a reason that even the English abandoned their beloved longbow, after it had several hundred years of battlefield dominance.
    I'm not sure anyone was seriously considering forsaking firearms and becoming Legolas, but you certainly stopped them in their tracks if they were .

If you watch the end, from roughly 15 or 20 yards she manages to shoot 12 arrows into an apple sized hole, in all of 21 seconds. Talk about hours of practice. I wonder what the draw weight is on her bow? The way she is required to draw with her palm facing the right for a fluid motion must limit how much she can pull.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Let's look at it from a zombie apocalypse perspective: Current literature (i.e. Walking Dead) posits that the noise of gunfire can attract zombies. The ability to not only put dinner on the table silently, but to effectively engage and neutralize a medium dense batch of shamblers without making a racket would be very tactically advantageous.

Still going to need to liberate some Ma Deuces for high volume zed eradication, but once things start to reach a balance after a while, somebody with long bow skills like that will be running things!

Joe

VIP Member
    With the arrows being wood would they work as well as a stake for vampires?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Never saw a red-headed indian before.

She definitely has talent.
    If one is good with a weapon...the weapon doesn't matter ALL that much...sort of...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Effective...difficult to conceal, but effective none the less. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links