USCCA now has a new 'brother' org: HDAA

This is a discussion on USCCA now has a new 'brother' org: HDAA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; F+W Marketing Partners This email/webpage was sent to me today. Looks like Tim Schmidt is at it again with the "Home Defense Association of America." ...

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tim Schmidt's marketing strategies?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Tim!

1 2.63%
  • Just another guy in the game.

8 21.05%
  • Fail.

19 50.00%
  • Sullies the reputation of other gun companies.

10 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: USCCA now has a new 'brother' org: HDAA

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

F+W Marketing Partners

This email/webpage was sent to me today. Looks like Tim Schmidt is at it again with the "Home Defense Association of America."

You can get a "free report." I suspect paid memberships will be forthcoming. I (used to) like Tim but, seriously???

This is like the Publisher's Clearinghouse and that guy who wants to sell you a Rolex out of his trunk all rolled together.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    IMO he's another Dudley Brown. Getting rich off of the fears of others.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I cancelled my membership after they promised actual books would be mailed to me and then just emailed a bunch of downloadable crap! That organization is not worth a dime to be part of. They like to take your money and then give downloadable info that seems to be written at a ten year olds level. I felt bad wasting my paper it was printed on. I'm guessing they have a ton of turn over amongst their members so they have to keep their marketing plan fresh. That's all they are in my eyes, a slick marketing company with no value to offer to their members. Just my two cents!
    Diddle and true grit like this.

I"m done with USCCA...was a member from the first magazine!
    Diddle, Philly Boy and dawei like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll have to read through this, but it looks suspect. Interestingly, they have not said anything about this on the USCCA site, that I can find. No information to the staff, either, as yet.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Looks like Tim's usual M.O.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    F+W Marketing Partners

This email/webpage was sent to me today. Looks like Tim Schmidt is at it again with the "Home Defense Association of America."

You can get a "free report." I suspect paid memberships will be forthcoming. I (used to) like Tim but, seriously???

This is like the Publisher's Clearinghouse and that guy who wants to sell you a Rolex out of his trunk all rolled together.
    The one and only time I ever got one of Tim's "free reports", I was bombarded by junk mail and spam for months.

I thought I might like it so I joined for a year. After 6 months I couldn't take it anymore and canceled. They promptly refunded my pro-rated dues, no fuss no muss.

My subscription ran out at the begining of this year. I didn't renew and unsubscribed. Only got one phone call, asking for a renewal, I declined. So far no more emails and no more phone calls. I think they're getting the message.

I joined the USCCA when I first got interested in carrying, and never renewed.... I learned alot more from reading here, and the magazines IMO were no greater than what you can find using the power of Google.

Same junk. Different name.

I was a moderator on the USCCA forum for a while. I reached a point where I could no longer give tacit approval to Tim's schemes. I quit.
    gasmitty likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Another take... It seems too budddy buddy for me. I was a member for a year but the information I got was stuff that I was already aware of and knew. It is good I suppose for those just starting out but after a year, if you are serious about CCDW situations and circumstances, you will have found websites (like this) that offer the same and most times far better information totally free. For me, DC has been a Godsend. Every question I have posted here, has, with very few exceptions, provided me with the information I was needing. There is always a butt-hole that has to make some ignorant comment regardless of the site someone is on.

Best!
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Same junk. Different name.

I was a moderator on the USCCA forum for a while. I reached a point where I could no longer give tacit approval to Tim's schemes. I quit.
    You used the perfect word "scheme". I love, for one, how they promise all these free "books" only to read the small print where they are only downloads. Why not say free downloads? (cause schemes are not upfront but intend to mislead etc). Also the material is so basic that most gun owners know about the content before reading it. It's not new stuff! Wasn't even worth the ink and paper to print it! It's a shame that a true "supporter" of gun rights and concealed carry would take advantage of other gun owners. There money back guarantee was also pro rated for me, not truly a money back guarantee. Just a slick marketing plan to make money, nothing else.

Lead Moderator
    In the words of Charlie Brown... Good Grief!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links