Ouch!!!!

This is a discussion on Ouch!!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police: Vendor shoots himself in the hand at Knoxville gun show Knoxville News Sentinel...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ouch!!!!

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,091
    Adams, a licensed vendor at the event in the Jacob Building on Magnolia Avenue, apparently was showing his personal concealed weapon a Kimber .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun to a customer when the weapon discharged, DeBusk said.
    To be truthful it should have been written.

    Adams, a licensed vendor at the event in the Jacob Building on Magnolia Avenue, apparently was showing his personal concealed weapon a Kimber .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun to a customer when he pulled the trigger and the weapon discharged, DeBusk said.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,652
    Lack of basic safe gun handling procedures. I didn't think they allowed loaded guns inside of Gun Shows.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    To be truthful it should have been written.

    Adams, a licensed vendor at the event in the Jacob Building on Magnolia Avenue, apparently was showing his personal concealed weapon a Kimber .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun to a customer when he pulled the trigger and the weapon discharged, DeBusk said.
    I quit going to these gun shows after the last time. Some loon was standing in line waiting to get in and nonchalantly twirling a semi-auto pistol around his finger. There was no magazine in the gun, but I have no idea if the chamber was clear. That and watching people pick up rifles and sweep a crowd of two hundred or so people with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Lack of basic safe gun handling procedures. I didn't think they allowed loaded guns inside of Gun Shows.
    As a patron, if you take a gun in to sell or trade, they check and clear it at the door and run a zip tie through the action. Also, RK Shows posts that no loaded weapons are allowed. Apparently that either doesn't apply to the vendors or this fellow ignored those rules.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 1st, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    As a patron, if you take a gun in to sell or trade, they check and clear it at the door and run a zip tie through the action. Also, RK Shows posts that no loaded weapons are allowed. Apparently that either doesn't apply to the vendors or this fellow ignored those rules.
    I always thought it applied to the Vendors as well.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I always thought it applied to the Vendors as well.
    I did also, but I don't know that for a fact. RK does gun shows all across the country.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  8. #7
    Member Array Adameeski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    475
    I promise that not all of us, here in east Tennessee, are as ignorant as this guy was!
    ...Adam

    "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    And in further news...the drama continues.

    Kodak man charged with stealing handguns from Knoxville gun show Knoxville News Sentinel

    One of the people he stole guns from was the vendor who unintentionally shot himself.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    And in further news...the drama continues.

    Kodak man charged with stealing handguns from Knoxville gun show Knoxville News Sentinel

    One of the people he stole guns from was the vendor who unintentionally shot himself.
    The moron brought the same gun back to the show that he stole it from in order to try to sell it!?!? I don't think we've come up with a word yet for someone that stupid... Well, I have but I can't share it here...
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,121
    Wow, try to sell a stolen gun at a show you just stole it from. Brilliant!

  12. #11
    Member Array RonCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    248
    This whole event sounds like a big bowl of "Stupid Soup"!

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Wow, try to sell a stolen gun at a show you just stole it from. Brilliant!
    As Adameeski said so eloquently "I promise that not all of us, here in east Tennessee, are as ignorant as this guy was!"

    Honest!!! We're not.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    As a patron, if you take a gun in to sell or trade, they check and clear it at the door and run a zip tie through the action. Also, RK Shows posts that no loaded weapons are allowed. Apparently that either doesn't apply to the vendors or this fellow ignored those rules.
    He missed a couple of the primary rules as well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

  15. #14
    Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    As Adameeski said so eloquently "I promise that not all of us, here in east Tennessee, are as ignorant as this guy was!"

    Honest!!! We're not.
    Oh, I'm sure. But they're out there, everywhere.

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    The moron brought the same gun back to the show that he stole it from in order to try to sell it!?!? I don't think we've come up with a word yet for someone that stupid... Well, I have but I can't share it here...

    the word you are looking for is "Kutzpah" an old yiddish word

    its defined like--you kill your mother and father and than throw yourself on the mercy of the court
    cause you are an orphan.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

armslist

,

arnis slogan

,

danny eugene allison

,

gallery guns

,

rk gun show holsters

Click on a term to search for related topics.