Glock 19 trigger upgrade

This is a discussion on Glock 19 trigger upgrade within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I wanted to upgrade my trigger on my G-19 ( Gen 3) what do you recomend? I will use it at the range and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 19 trigger upgrade

VIP Member

Glock 19 trigger upgrade

If I wanted to upgrade my trigger on my G-19 ( Gen 3) what do you recomend? I will use it at the range and some carry. I have read the legal thread on the trigger issues. I just want a better one that is more crisp. Mine is a little rough and the break point is not crisp. There is some creep and grind in the slack. I am not looking for a 2.5 lb. match trigger, keep in mind I may carry it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    If I wanted to upgrade my trigger on my G-19 ( Gen 3) what do you recomend? I will use it at the range and some carry. I have read the legal thread on the trigger issues. I just want a better one that is more crisp. Mine is a little rough and the break point is not crisp. There is some creep and grind in the slack. I am not looking for a 2.5 lb. match trigger, keep in mind I may carry it.
    A Ghost 3.2 is all I have on mine, with polished surfaces. I would stay entirely away from lightened firing pin springs, as they can cause more problems than they solve.

Take a look at the "Guardian" from GlockTriggers.com .
    It has about a 4.5 lb trigger pull and comes as a drop in parts kit using all Glock factory parts. Its not cheap ($139.95) but I thought about legal issues and I like the fact that someone else did the work and certified it for defensive carry. When I bought it I had lots of spare cash to throw around at the time and was having fun customizing my Glock. (Only night sights and trigger were changed)

My Glock 23 has been flawless with all ammunition I have tried after I dropped in this trigger kit.

VIP Member
    I found the 1000+ rnd trigger job on a stock gun to work very well on mine. It's now just heavy enough to know you're on it, with a nice reset.
    Guest1 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "...I like the fact that someone else did the work and certified it for defensive carry."

"Certified" for defensive carry? Just what consists in certification? The only real liability in trigger work is in a ND (altered to an unsafe condition). If I intend to shoot someone, the trigger pull weight is irrelevant.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "...I like the fact that someone else did the work and certified it for defensive carry."

"Certified" for defensive carry? Just what consists in certification? The only real liability in trigger work is in a ND (altered to an unsafe condition). If I intend to shoot someone, the trigger pull weight is irrelevant.
    Ok, for the lawyers in the group, the product was LISTED as for defensive carry not CERTIFIED. I used the wrong choice of words.

So if I ever do have to use my Glock in self defense and the trigger mod comes into question I can say "the trigger is sold for defensive use, not for competition only and was installed by a certified Glock Armorer".

VIP Member
    So I am looking at the Ghost and the Guardian. if I decide on the upgrade I plan in installing the system myself. Any issues?

So I am looking at the Ghost and the Guardian. if I decide on the upgrade I plan in installing the system myself. Any issues?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ghost product is just the connector, while the Glocktrigger's Guardian is a trigger kit which includes:
    Smooth Trigger w/ Trigger Bar / Factory polished
    Trigger Housing w/ Ejector / Factory polished
    Minus Connector / Factory polished
    Trigger Spring
    Firing Pin spring
    Firing pin safety spring
    Firing Pin Safety / Factory polished
    Spring cups

I don't have a Glock, but Haley Strategic released the "Skimmer" a while back. I haven't had a chance to use it, but it sounds great and something to look at.

The HALEY "SKIMMER"

HALEY STRATEGIC SKIMMER GLOCK TRIGGER - YouTube
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    You are paying $140 for parts which cost a Glock Armorer less than twenty bucks. Add the Ghost, and there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You are paying $140 for parts which cost a Glock Armorer less than twenty bucks. Add the Ghost, and there you are.
    Not so. The Ghost is one part, a connector. I had already changed out my connector for a lighter one and it didn't make nearly the difference as the Guardian. The Guardian is a list of parts that are all hand polished and put together as a unit that works. There is more than one part that affects trigger pull. Changing the connector is easy but there is much more that goes into a good trigger pull. The Guardian is all of these parts selected to work together and highly polished. The Glock Armoror that put in mine said its the best carry trigger he has ever seen. I could have installed it myself but let the armoror I know do it because I was in the process of moving and didn't have a good well lit workspace other than at work where guns are a no-no. They have a great video with step by step instructions. It may not be cheap but IMO it was well worth it.

Trigger Spring
    Firing Pin spring
    Firing pin safety spring
    Spring cups

I wouldn't modify the trigger of a possible carry/self defense gun. If you had to go to court to defend your use of deadly force, the prosecuting attorney (scumbag) can make the case that you installed a "hair trigger". The firearms community knows that this isn't true, but will the average Joes on a jury? Dave Sevigny shows that a stock Glock trigger can work fine.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Senior Moderator
    There are several parts which interact to determine the weight and pull characteristics of a Glock trigger. The striker spring, the trigger spring and the disconnector all play a role.

I have the Lone Wolf 3.5 pound disconnector in both my IDPA Glock and my carry gun. It gives a nice "rolling" break and a very positive reset. Installed by itself, without changing springs, it reduces the trigger pull slightly. If does not drop the pull to 3.5 pounds despite what the name might suggest.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Not so. The Ghost is one part, a connector. I had already changed out my connector for a lighter one and it didn't make nearly the difference as the Guardian. The Guardian is a list of parts that are all hand polished and put together as a unit that works. There is more than one part that affects trigger pull. Changing the connector is easy but there is much more that goes into a good trigger pull. The Guardian is all of these parts selected to work together and highly polished. The Glock Armoror that put in mine said its the best carry trigger he has ever seen. I could have installed it myself but let the armoror I know do it because I was in the process of moving and didn't have a good well lit workspace other than at work where guns are a no-no. They have a great video with step by step instructions. It may not be cheap but IMO it was well worth it.

Trigger Spring
    Firing Pin spring
    Firing pin safety spring
    Spring cups
    Again, the parts you listed, prior to hand polishing, cost about twenty dollars. Sorry if that was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Again, the parts you listed, prior to hand polishing, cost about twenty dollars. Sorry if that was confusing.
    Thanks, I had thought you were talking about the connector only was about 20 bucks. My bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links