Cheaper than Dirt?

This is a discussion on Cheaper than Dirt? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Began placing an order for 2 small items from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter today. Here is what i found: They ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cheaper than Dirt?

Angry Cheaper than Dirt?

Began placing an order for 2 small items from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter today. Here is what i found:

They wanted to charge me $9.45 (shipping) for a $3.16 purchase (small plastic part), and another $10.18 (shipping) for a $29.97 (ceramic water filter) item. Of course another $2.99 for handling.

A small $33.13 order with OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges of $22.62 (shipping from 2 different warehouses).

If they are not embarrassed by what they charge for shipping, they should be ashamed. I cannot believe it.

Needless to say, until they change their shipping policies and prices, I won't be ordering from them any longer.

2. Remove Ads

Reminds me of Ticketmaster
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

try ebay

Well now you know the PRICE OF DIRT is up ,,,, so it ain't so cheap,
    like everything else they are inflated. Companies now make more
    on the shipping than they do their merchandise.
    Mattmann likes this.

That's some expensive 'dirt'...
    Mattmann likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They used to be good on prices but not recently. They changed a lot of the ways they do business and it shows in their prices. I think it was when they started selling firearms they changed a lot.

Years ago their shipping was outrageous, so I would only buy from them what I could not find elsewhere. Then, for a time, it seemed their shipping got pretty competitive, so I used them more often. Now with this latest incarnation, I've decided if I can't get it elsewhere, I don't need it.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Dirt is expensive to ship

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up!

try midway....pretty decent prices...not as good as cheaper but their shipping rates are better...

Steve

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
    try midway....pretty decent prices...not as good as cheaper but their shipping rates are better...

Steve
    +1 Midway is excellent if they have what you need. Cheaper than Dirt are good too, but not for small orders. You might try Brownell's too.

Those shipping prices caused me to pull the plug on my first CTD order before I ever finalized it.

I'll whittle myself an AK-47 outta soap before I'll be price gouged in plain view of Amazon & Ebay!

Commando28, I'd have had the same response as you. Until a few weeks ago, it had been a LONG time since I ordered from CTD. A few weeks ago I ordered a Kahr CW45 from them and was only charged $10 for shipping. Couldn't believe the shipping wasn't more than that so I sent them an email asking for confirmation. Indeed, it was only $10.

I had a situation once where a company (was either MidSouth Shooter's Supply or Natchez Shooter's Supply) tried to charge and ADDITIONAL $16 shipping for a single box of factory ammo included in a large order. I deleted the ammo from the order and the $16 shipping charge disappeared. I ended up ordering the same ammo from the other company without the additional shipping charge.

Agreed....small orders are NOT the way to go with many of these sites...BUT, if you order in bulk or a lot of stuff at once....shipping can be really low.

I too though have cancelled many an order once I got to the shipping calculation.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Ex Member
    That is also the policy of Dillon. Take the "SALE/FANTASTIC/ONCE IN A LIFETIME" price and handling, and shipping. I no longer deal with the thieves at Dillon either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links