Information about a Kahr? - Page 2

Information about a Kahr?

This is a discussion on Information about a Kahr? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd suggest the CM9 over the PM9 for your first Kahr... They can be finicky little buggers, but on the same note they are nice ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Information about a Kahr?

I'd suggest the CM9 over the PM9 for your first Kahr... They can be finicky little buggers, but on the same note they are nice little carry pistols too... I have a few of um and for the record; the all steel ones are awesome!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger740 View Post
    I am fairly new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I was reading at a magazine stand and saw the new Kahr 9mm on the front. I would like to know if anyone on here owns a Kahr and if they like it. I am looking to buy a new concealed carry gun as my S&W 39 is too big for the summer. Thanks for any info. Also I am looking at sub compact glocks. Ill take your advice on those too.
    Daniel
    I have a Kahr CW9 that I've put about 1000 round through. It's never had a problem. The only problem I had was getting used to the trigger at first. The frame is so thin that my trigger finger went too far onto the trigger. Practice solved that problem. I've got fairly small hands and I really enjoy the feel of the gun. Take a look at the online reviews. You'll see that the professional reviewers generally give Kahr high marks.

CW9 and add a Hogue Jr grip to it ($10.00) made a tremendous difference for me.

Also the Remora, no clip, holsters are a great piece of gear as well.

I only have one Kahr, a recently purchased CW45. Only have a couple hundred rounds through it so far, but I REALLY like how nicely it carries concealed in an IWB holster. I'm looking forward to shooting it some more.

Among my modest selection of guns is my Kahr K40. It is my preferred sidearm for concealed carry. Accurate, reliable, and fits my hand perfectly. I did have a CW40 that was an unreliable POS. The steel Kahrs and the 9mm polymer models seem to have a good reputation for reliability.

VIP Member
    I have and carry a Kahr CW45 and my wife has the CW9. Both have functioned flawlessly. Search the Defensive Guns section and you'll find tons of threads about Kahr guns.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Kahrs & Glocks

I have a number of Glocks and a Kahr PM9. I've had the PM9 for a little over a year with about 2k rounds through it. I remember having a few hiccups in the first 200 rounds because of the extremely tight tolerences and the need to chamber a round using the slide stop lever instead of slingshotting. Most of the problems people experience with Kahr seems to be from this slightly revised manual of arms. Until they are fully broken in, to reload, the slide needs to be locked back, magazine inserted, and the slide released via the stop lever. I've also occasionally had feed issues with the 7 round magazine, so it's been retired. My PM9 has given me perfect performance since round 17?. I have a Wolf Recoil Spring set aside for the day when the original weakens but no troubles so far.
    I love the Glock 26. In my opinion it's much easier to shoot accurate and fast with the shorter reset on the trigger but the Kahr's slim, pocketable profile has taken over that position in my daily carry.
    IMO until we get a single stack sub-compact Glock, the PM9/40 is the best pocket pistol option.

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    What magazine was the cm9 on the cover of do you recall.
    It was on the Combat Handguns Magazine.

Thanks for all the good information. The decision is one I will study and think about a little more before committing. Thanks again. This site is a wealth of
    Knowledge.
    Daniel

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    My CM9 will run fine with both the 7 shot and 8 shot mags for my cw. Also with many guns you may have issues with a bullet type or weight that may go away after a couple hundred rounds. It use to be don't trust any pistol untill you have round 400 rounds thru it. Seems to day some except perfect from round one but don't put the effort in if some thing happens , just call it bad and be done with it. Even the new glocks have had more than a few problems with recoil springs so none are allways 100%. Many old glock owners wonder way they had to screw with the recoil springs to begin with. How many 1911's will have problems with HP ammo but for them fmj is fine??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links