Information about a Kahr?

This is a discussion on Information about a Kahr? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am fairly new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I was reading at a magazine stand and saw the new Kahr ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Information about a Kahr?

Information about a Kahr?

I am fairly new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I was reading at a magazine stand and saw the new Kahr 9mm on the front. I would like to know if anyone on here owns a Kahr and if they like it. I am looking to buy a new concealed carry gun as my S&W 39 is too big for the summer. Thanks for any info. Also I am looking at sub compact glocks. Ill take your advice on those too.
    Daniel

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to DC.

There's a wealth of information available, so I will refrain from writing a review. I own Kahrs and Glocks, and like them both just fine. The single-stack Kahr really is a nice option to the double-stack Glock.

After much thought and second guessing I will be purchasing a CM9 in the next week or so. Check out KahrTalk Home also for a bunch of info on the Kahr lineup.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I love my Kahr's, I own an MK9 and a PM9 and carry one or both daily. In my opinion it's the perfect concealed carry gun and virtually disappears.

For holsters I've found the following are all phenomenal for various situations:

Garrett Industries Silent Thunder
    Galco Ankle Glove
    Smartcarry

Visit Kahrtalk.com and read the tech section, especially the break-in/lube diagram threads, you'll be a happy owner!

Enjoy

K40 and CW9 here... the CW9 gets carried a lot due to its light weight and very slim profile.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have to make the same decision this weekend. Looking at a p45 or a sub compact glock (26,27, or 36). Ever looked at a Walther PPS?
    Family first, that's why I carry.

Kahr's are excellent guns. I have two.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger740 View Post
    I would like to know if anyone on here owns a Kahr and if they like it. I am looking to buy a new concealed carry gun... Also I am looking at sub compact glocks.
    Daniel
    Either one. Personally, I didn't find a use for the sub compact glock. It was too big for the pocket and more difficult to manipulate than the bigger 19. Find the right model for your needs and either way you go, you should be happy.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have a cm9 and a cw9 and both are great pistols . Almost 2000 rounds fire between them with not a single problem. Recoil also feels less than a pistol there weight should feel, to me atleast . Very smooth DA trigger pull with a pull weight that well settle in around 6lbs with use. Just a good solid CC pistol. The CM9 pockets well in most all pants front pocket and the CW series ,, maybe, but works well as a IWB carried pistol for me in an appendix position.

My wife settled on the CW9. She opted for the slightly larger grips for a better hold. We both really like the pistol. We had to order ours so I did not have the ability to look it over, and likely would not have stripped it at the shop anyway. But once we got home I noticed the barrel was scarred up pretty good. Sent it back and 6 days later it came back with a new barrel. We also had some feed problems with 124gr JHP's, it fed 115 FMJ's just fine. It seems the slide stop was a touch too long. I filled that down instead of sending it back. Any company can let one get by them, they fixed it no questions and would have fixed the slide stop but I did not want to send it back.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

You can see the handguns I own below. My experience is this...

The Glock 26 will likely run 99.99% right out of the box, with any factory ammo you care to use. It is a bit thicker than the Kahrs, but holds more ammo.

The polymer Kahrs, in contrast, are a bit more finnicky. My PM9 will not work reliably with the 7-rd mag, but works fine with the flush 6-rd one. Mine will not feed 147 gr Speer Gold Dots reliably either. Finally, the PM9 recoil springs must be replaced every 1000-1500 rounds (per conversations I've had with Kahr techs). Don't know about the replacement interval in their other models.

Some individual Kahr pistols can be overhand- or slingshot-loaded just fine, while others can only be reliably loaded using the slide release lever (which is what Kahr recommends in the manual). Mine would fail to load properly using the overhand method (which is the way I train to do it with every other pistol) with the original recoil spring...when I replaced the recoil spring, it started to load using the overhand method just fine. This leads me to believe that slight variance in the length and power of the recoil spring makes a difference in that regard. My replacement spring was initially too long...Kahr told me to trim it. So go figure.

The only Kahr I am interested in is the PM9/CM9, for pocket carry. If I was going to go larger, I would (and do) choose something else. Like a Glock.

Hope this helps.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    I BUG the 16 oz PM40 (same size as the CM9, but wonderfully stout recoil). It fits almost any pocket, but I like it in back pocket. In a front pocket, I like the 11.4 oz S&W 357 J frame 340PD no lock #103061. Sometimes I'll go down to a 9mm 13 oz Rohrbaugh R9s for ankle or deep concealment.

For the money, it'll be hard to beat a CM9 or Airlight J frame 642. You'll like the Kahr trigger.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I have owned a CW9 & now have a CM9, I like the CM even better than the CW because it is much easier to conceal and just as accurate.

VIP Member
    I have a PM9 with which I have no complaints. I got it through Kahr's instructor program for a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger740 View Post
    I am fairly new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I was reading at a magazine stand and saw the new Kahr 9mm on the front. I would like to know if anyone on here owns a Kahr and if they like it. I am looking to buy a new concealed carry gun as my S&W 39 is too big for the summer. Thanks for any info. Also I am looking at sub compact glocks. Ill take your advice on those too.
    Daniel
    What magazine was the cm9 on the cover of do you recall.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links