His dis-honor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl

This is a discussion on His dis-honor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ( Mayor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl - NYPOST.com ) ** By DAVID SEIFMAN, City Hall Bureau Chief LaVW UpdaWed: 6:01 ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Eagleks
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By Smitty901

Thread: His dis-honor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl

VIP Member

Thumbs down His dis-honor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl

(Mayor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl - NYPOST.com)

By DAVID SEIFMAN, City Hall Bureau Chief
    LaVW UpdaWed: 6:01 PM, January 31, 2012
    PoVWed: 6:00 PM, January 31, 2012

SNIP

Bloomberg disclosed today that he and Boston Mayor Tom Menino -- who serves as both co-chair of the mayor's coalition and host mayor of the rival New England Patriots -- have already filmed the ad that's going to be screened in selected regional markets on Sunday.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    National Super Bowl ads are fetching a record $3.5 million for 30-second spots.

The mayor's ad is expected to cost hundreds of dollars with the tab billed to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which Bloomberg helps fund.
    So they’re giving His Lordship a price break for propaganda?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member

Angry

the ad [is] going to be screened in selected regional markets on Sunday.
    Even in very limited selected regional markets, I would expect the normal cost to be K$s.

Wonder if he "arranged" a "public service" sweetheart deal?

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

FOIA!

Well, our state has a law coming out of committee that I think it will pass... that is directly aimed at Bloomberg's tactics.

It is a felony, for a person who are legal to own a firearm, to attempt to make a "purchase(s)" while misrepresenting themselves as NOT being legal to buy a firearm, and in any other way mis-representing themselves (false name, being a resident / non-resident, etc) to any person or gun dealer in the state.

We are calling it "the Bloomberg Law". LOL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    If you don't like you have a vote in the upcoming election just make sure it counts
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

So what! Let them waste their $3.5 Million. You can't fix stupid.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Well, our state has a law coming out of committee that I think it will pass... that is directly aimed at Bloomberg's tactics.

It is a felony, for a person who are legal to own a firearm, to attempt to make a "purchase(s)" while misrepresenting themselves as NOT being legal to buy a firearm, and in any other way mis-representing themselves (false name, being a resident / non-resident, etc) to any person or gun dealer in the state.

We are calling it "the Bloomberg Law". LOL.
    I would like to see the Fed's file conspiracy charges on Bloomberg and his unauthorized undercover purchasers.
    oneshot and killingjoke like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I, too, oppose illegal guns. In fact, I think we should make even illegaler.

Administrator
    I would like to see the Fed's file conspiracy charges on Bloomberg and his unauthorized undercover purchasers.

Fat chance, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

VIP Member
    If in fact its true, that they are cutting him a break on the cost of the ad, they are Idiots, with a capitol I.

They know the dumbbell has billions, wouldn't you charge him double?
    Shows you where their allegiance lies, in cutting him a huge deal.
    Kinda one sided when they usually WOULD NOT give the NRA ad time at any cost, at anytime of the year.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Ok if they feel the way they do then I request they give up their 24/7 Police protection. If they feel so strongly let them walk the streets, live in their home and shop like the rest of us unprotected.
    We had a Governor that vetoed CC twice it was latter found out he carried a 38. and had 24/7 police protection .
    Hold them to the standard they set write them ask them to give up the police protection of them self and their family.
    killingjoke and DaveH like this.

Links