indoor basement range - Page 2

indoor basement range

This is a discussion on indoor basement range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Once the lead and it don't take much gets in the air it is every where you may not notice it put it will come ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: indoor basement range

Once the lead and it don't take much gets in the air it is every where you may not notice it put it will come up very quickly with simple test. And when it does you better be ready to spend a lot of money.
    Many good indoor ranges were shut down in the 80's and 90's because of no having the correct venting a filter systems One I know a lot about spend more than the cost of the build doing clean up required by the state.

Administrator
    Also IMPORTANT! - Remember that a negligent discharge up into your basement ceiling could easily kill a person (or one of your pets) upstairs on the first floor. So you'll absolutely need to bulletproof your basement ceiling.

Set up a basement airgun range. There are some great semi-automatic pellet pistols, tack driving air rifles, and even machine gun BB guns.
    And great Shooting Gallery type target systems.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Also IMPORTANT! - Remember that a negligent discharge up into your basement ceiling could easily kill a person (or one of your pets) upstairs on the first floor. So you'll absolutely need to bulletproof your basement ceiling.
    Or clear the range?

the same way a sound room is built for a recording studio see link

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Once the lead and it don't take much gets in the air it is every where you may not notice it put it will come up very quickly with simple test. And when it does you better be ready to spend a lot of money.
    Many good indoor ranges were shut down in the 80's and 90's because of no having the correct venting a filter systems One I know a lot about spend more than the cost of the build doing clean up required by the state.
    Over time you may ingest lead in the air,Lead does not go away without being Kelated which requires you to be hooked up to an IV for 4-6 hours a week for at least ten weeks before they recheck your lead level.
    I have extremely high lead from a previous job,due to a recurring medical condition I can't kelate as much as I would like so it's gonna take a loooong time to get my lead level down to where they can at least read it....yup it's off the chart
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links