Newbie reloader question

Newbie reloader question

This is a discussion on Newbie reloader question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whats your technique for removing your freshly tumbled cases from the tumbler and reclaiming your tumbling media? Edit - Oh yeah, and not making a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Newbie reloader question

Newbie reloader question

Whats your technique for removing your freshly tumbled cases from the tumbler and reclaiming your tumbling media?

Edit - Oh yeah, and not making a massive mess at the same time...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have an old Midway USA set up. My media lives in a basic 5 gallon bucket. Midway has (or had) a bucket that nests in the bucket (sort of a collander) that I dump the tumbler into. I then stir by hand. One of the upgrades I am looking at is a gizmo like they use for scrambling the balls at a bingo game. Dump the brass in, close the cage, spin the ball a few times and all the media falls out.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Get this "sifter" from Midway for $10 - Standard Media Separator

That fits perfectly in the top of my Rubbermaid 'Roughneck' 15-qt pail. Dump the contents of the tumbler in the sifter after tumbling, and just move the cases around by hand until all the polishing media is out of them. Pretty easy, and cheap enough.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sweet! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Get this "sifter" from Midway for $10 - Standard Media Separator

That fits perfectly in the top of my Rubbermaid 'Roughneck' 15-qt pail. Dump the contents of the tumbler in the sifter after tumbling, and just move the cases around by hand until all the polishing media is out of them. Pretty easy, and cheap enough.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

This looks promising...

I use a basic sifter at present, but it's hard to get them all to empty. This might be worth it.

reloading accessories, reloading products

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    If I may, which tumbler do y'all recommend? They're pretty similar in price and the reviews are all over the board on all of them. Also, while I have your attention, which media do you prefer and where do you find it locally? I'd hate to pay for shipping if I can get it locally for a close price.

Sponsored Links