Guns shows...do you like them? - Page 7

Guns shows...do you like them?

This is a discussion on Guns shows...do you like them? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We only have 1 a year here. I went today, one guy had a 4" 686 he wanted $700 for, I asked him " So ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Guns shows...do you like them?

We only have 1 a year here. I went today, one guy had a 4" 686 he wanted $700 for, I asked him " So you don't really want to sell this?" He did'nt get it. At another booth they had Glock factory mags for $40 each......

I've been to maybe 4 gun shows in my life and I'm 57, but been shooting since i was 13..
    It's fun to see the stuff, and I bought some wood grips once, but NEVER saw a good deal (price-wise)
    on a sidearm or long gun.....(You might find a hand-made knife you can't live without though)........

I dislike them for one reason it's a conspiracy that the gun show is always on the same week I get paid lol. In all seriousness I like to go browse maybe see some guns that the lgs might not have.

Yes, I still enjoy gun shows.

I find new guns boring. I like the older guns that have history. The older guns show up more at gun shows than in sparkling new gun shops. One can also learn a lot by talking to some of the people there.

No, they're not what they used to be. Surplus Government Issue .45 pistols and .45 ammo are all gone. Pretty much everyone knows a Luger is worth more most people want to pay. Colt SSA revolvers do not appear from grandfather's linen cabinet as often. And all the prices have gone up.

Life goes on.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

It's fun to look at all the guns, but I wouldn't buy one from a gun show. Don't need to see an AR15 at every booth and all the prices are the same as anywhere else.

I love to go to them but hate to pay to get in. I mostly look for parts, good deals on ammo ect. Sometimes I find a good deal on a gun from a walker.
    The internet has really taken the place of gunshows for me.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I go about once per year just to browse. Never bought a gun at one. I do buy books, maybe the odd Makrov magazine and a stuffed animal (once). I never have found any good deals at one.

Of course I love going to gun shows.I have gone all my life. Kinda miss the cigar smoke but they still have beer and great pulled pork sandis. Love the atmosphere and to be surrounded by guns and gun iovers. Sometimes I find good deals. As a matter of fact I am going to one this weekend.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links