Sig 229 or glock 27

This is a discussion on Sig 229 or glock 27 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm torn between these 2 weapons. I had a glock 26 carried it for 3 years never had a problem. The 27 is obviously very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sig 229 or glock 27

Sig 229 or glock 27

I'm torn between these 2 weapons. I had a glock 26 carried it for 3 years never had a problem. The 27 is obviously very similar. Never owned a sig I know it's a bit larger. I wanting some input on the sig. Basically i am wanting to know if any one has had any issues with the sig. I have heard there has recently been some problems with the ejectors on the glock, but I don't know if it's been on the 27. If I do get the glock would probably be the gen 3.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    There are some huge differences between the two guns. First you need to determine what you are going to use the pistol you purchase for. The obvious differences is the size and weight. If you intend this weapon to be your primary carry during summer months I would go with the Glock 27 hands down. I use a Glock 27 as one of my primary carry weapons and find it to be a rock solid choice. With that the SIG is a great weapon as well and would make a great carry weapon as well as long as you were to dress around it. Either one will serve you very well, you just need to figure out how you are going to use it and pick the one that will fit the bill best.
    ironmike86 and jem102 like this.

I currently carry a xdm 45 compact. Its pretty close In size to the sig but a bit lighter. I live in Florida so shorts and a t shirt is almost every day thing and I have no problem with the xdm. I like the feel of both guns it's basically down to who's not having problems with the current productions

I think you have a difficult choice. The Glock will be lighter to carry, the SIG will be more pleasing to shoot and both should be equally reliable and accurate. Boils down to what is most important to you. I have owned both, but now only have SIGs.

They really are two different weapons. I have a P228 and my wife a G26. I have carried both. Carried and conceal is way better with the 26.

The 228 is much better handling and shooting but does take more commitment to conceal properly.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'm leaning more towards the sig. 1 I love to hit the range 2 job doesn't allow me to carry and I don't get out much so it's only on the way back and forth to work and the erronds in between.

sgb
    Between the P229 and the G27 I'd Opt for the P229. However I'd take a S&W M&P Compact over either.

f0dxlc.jpg
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Ah, Glock vs. SIG. Here we go......

I got my 229 E2 last April. 40 cal, what a honey. Silky smooth, very accurate, awesome to shoot. Bigger than a 26, both in size and price. But worth every nickel. Folks say that the G19 is an awesome carry gun, and I do not doubt it. But the 229 is about the same size, although a bit heavier. I do not find it a challenge to hide, not at all, so long as you have a good holster and belt. Reliability? I suppose that a Glock is as good as a SIG, but neither is better or worse than the other. The 26 will no doubt be easier to conceal, and much less expensive. Tough call. I vote SIG.

Glock guys: notice how objective I was?
    ironmike86, jem102 and .XX like this.

If you're going to a larger gun, maybe a Sig P229 in .357Sig and a .40SW barrel? You can go the other way too.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I can only answer this as if would be my choice. If it were me I would lean towards the G27, gereration III. It is a proven design as is its little brother, the G26. That being said, I am no real fan of Glock firearms but from my experence with the G26, Gen. III is about as good as it gets in a compact 9mm and reliable as the rain as I have found out. Remember though, this is just my take. Based on what I read here on this site there has been some issues with P229 but that could well be buyers remorse perhaps.

I wish you the best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

you live in Florida. That SIG is going to feel like a boat anchor if you carry it in the dead heat of the summer.

Glock 27 all the way, not even a close discussion.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I own both a Glock 23 and a two Sigs they are both guns and I like both of them the Sig has a lighter trigger pull, i shoot both of them very well buy them both......
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I would go with the Sig since its a bit bigger than the glock.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

AustinS,
    IMO everyone that posted has given you rock solid advice...unfortunately it has made your decision even harder. So in the spirit of piling on the new guy add the .357 Sig caliber to your choices in both brands. I have shot a number of Sigs and they are great guns but just are not for me. I find them similar to my HK USPc which I don't carry since going Glock.

I have a G27 and G23. The truth is I can conceal the 23 just as easily as the 27 it's just a little longer which really has no bearing on concealment at the slight difference. The 23 is a sweet shooter and you can run through 200 rounds no problem. The 27 is a bit of a ruffian and 100 rounds of Gold Dots is about my limit with it per range session YMMV. What I wish I had done was looked more seriously at the .357 Sig in both guns especially the sub compact mate to the 26/27. I don't recall which is which but I believe they are the G32/33 models. The ballistics of the 125 gr. loads are impressive and from what "I" hear recoil about the same as 9MM+P.
    Anyway there's some more for you to wade through...good luck.
    Last edited by jem102; February 5th, 2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For me, the weight of each would be the deciding factor. For the FL heat and the lighter clothing worn here, I'd opt for the G27, considering your familiarity with the G26. But it's your call entirely. If you want to try the SIG (and the one's I've shot have been very good), get it. You can always replace it with the G27 later if it doesn't work out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links