Any Ruger SR9 Owners? - Page 2

Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

This is a discussion on Any Ruger SR9 Owners? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AdBro Yeah, I'll be carrying the full-size...I want to find a good outside-the-belt conceal holster that sits higher (more under the shirt) ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    Yeah, I'll be carrying the full-size...I want to find a good outside-the-belt conceal holster that sits higher (more under the shirt) than my normal SERPA holster.

I really do like the loaded indicator when a round is in the chamber and I like the external safety. Why is the Glock trigger better than this trigger?
    Unless your are a very large person a full size CC with OWb holster is going to be a good trick to see.
    Weather you go IWB or OWB you need a good belt the ones ogg the rack are junk IMO.
    Check his man out. His belts are second to none last a life time and he will resize them fro you is lose a few pounds. His Holster are top of the line also Email him he will help you figure it out.
    Custom Leather in the waistband Holsters for semi auto firearms.

I don't mind the trigger, but it is broken in a little. I tried S&W M&P, XDm, and Glock, and the only other one I liked a lot was the Smith. I sprayed lead all over the paper with the Glock. A glockophile may be able to explain the difference better; I LIKE Glock, I just haven't been taught how to shoot it well, and I bought my SR9 for 3 bills.

I like them very much. I tend to shoot my fullsize Glocks with more accuracy (but not by much) then my Rugers, however I really enjoy my SR9's. I liked the first one so much, I puchased another one. I have had no malfunctions with either SR9 and have about 2K rounds through each of them. They are my daily CCW weapon. I carry one plus two extra mags daily with no discomfort at all.
    “Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!” - Harry Callahan

I own the sr9c, and 1 of the mags has a full size adapter to give it that full size feel in your hands. A great choice in my book.....

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    I did check the SR9c. Certainly nice, but I opted for the full-size as I liked the feel and want to use it for more than just carrying.
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

Nope. I have the SR9c for carry. Like it a lot.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I have an SR40C and it is great. Its size is great for HD or other needs and still makes a great EDC weapon. The full size is also a great gun but for CC I wouldnt want to deal with it personally. Printing will be an issue more than likely due to the larger size and grip. If you really want to CC a full size. a good OWB holster, a good belt, and large cover garment will more than likely be necessary.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I like the SR9 very well. It fits my hand better than anything I've found. I let someone talk me into selling mine and wish I had it back. I carry a G17 ( about the same size as the SR9 ) in a Fobus OWB holster under an unbuttoned shirt or jacket without much problem. I'm 5' 10" & 240 lbs. For T-shirt wear you will almost surely need another ( smaller ) gun. Good luck.

I have both SR9 and 9c. Both are good guns. I used to carry the 9c, but I've since returned to .45s since 9mm expands but .45s never shrink.

I don't have one, nor have I shot one. However I do have 3 ruger firearms, never a problem of any kind with them. I have no doubt that the sr9 is another amazing firearm by ruger.

Edit: 4 ruger firearms not 3. I haven't gotten a chance to take my gp100 out yet so sometimes I forget I have her.

I recently picked up the SR9C. Couldn't be happier! Thinking about an SR45 next!!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

CSL
    I realize that this is an old thread, but I will take any opportunity to say that I love my SR9!
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

SR9c is what I have. I have high regard for the Glock line, and the SR9c is at least as good, only with a better trigger and more ergonomic grip. It's smaller than standard "compact" but larger than a "sub-compact", perfect for CC. A whole lot more gun than the LC9.

The internals are essentially a copy of the Glock mechanism.

My husband had an SR9 and I loved it way more than what I had at the time (S&W Sigma). Great gun. Loved shooting it.
    Heather
    Colorado Front Range

Wife has the SR9C, awesome gun.

SR9 is a great gun. If it feels good in your hands, get it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links