Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

This is a discussion on Any Ruger SR9 Owners? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AdBro Yeah, I'll be carrying the full-size...I want to find a good outside-the-belt conceal holster that sits higher (more under the shirt) ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    Yeah, I'll be carrying the full-size...I want to find a good outside-the-belt conceal holster that sits higher (more under the shirt) than my normal SERPA holster.

I really do like the loaded indicator when a round is in the chamber and I like the external safety. Why is the Glock trigger better than this trigger?
    Unless your are a very large person a full size CC with OWb holster is going to be a good trick to see.
    Weather you go IWB or OWB you need a good belt the ones ogg the rack are junk IMO.
    Check his man out. His belts are second to none last a life time and he will resize them fro you is lose a few pounds. His Holster are top of the line also Email him he will help you figure it out.
    Custom Leather in the waistband Holsters for semi auto firearms.

2. Remove Ads

I don't mind the trigger, but it is broken in a little. I tried S&W M&P, XDm, and Glock, and the only other one I liked a lot was the Smith. I sprayed lead all over the paper with the Glock. A glockophile may be able to explain the difference better; I LIKE Glock, I just haven't been taught how to shoot it well, and I bought my SR9 for 3 bills.

I like them very much. I tend to shoot my fullsize Glocks with more accuracy (but not by much) then my Rugers, however I really enjoy my SR9's. I liked the first one so much, I puchased another one. I have had no malfunctions with either SR9 and have about 2K rounds through each of them. They are my daily CCW weapon. I carry one plus two extra mags daily with no discomfort at all.
    “Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!” - Harry Callahan

I own the sr9c, and 1 of the mags has a full size adapter to give it that full size feel in your hands. A great choice in my book.....

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    I did check the SR9c. Certainly nice, but I opted for the full-size as I liked the feel and want to use it for more than just carrying.
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

Nope. I have the SR9c for carry. Like it a lot.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I have an SR40C and it is great. Its size is great for HD or other needs and still makes a great EDC weapon. The full size is also a great gun but for CC I wouldnt want to deal with it personally. Printing will be an issue more than likely due to the larger size and grip. If you really want to CC a full size. a good OWB holster, a good belt, and large cover garment will more than likely be necessary.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I like the SR9 very well. It fits my hand better than anything I've found. I let someone talk me into selling mine and wish I had it back. I carry a G17 ( about the same size as the SR9 ) in a Fobus OWB holster under an unbuttoned shirt or jacket without much problem. I'm 5' 10" & 240 lbs. For T-shirt wear you will almost surely need another ( smaller ) gun. Good luck.

I have both SR9 and 9c. Both are good guns. I used to carry the 9c, but I've since returned to .45s since 9mm expands but .45s never shrink.

I don't have one, nor have I shot one. However I do have 3 ruger firearms, never a problem of any kind with them. I have no doubt that the sr9 is another amazing firearm by ruger.

Edit: 4 ruger firearms not 3. I haven't gotten a chance to take my gp100 out yet so sometimes I forget I have her.

I recently picked up the SR9C. Couldn't be happier! Thinking about an SR45 next!!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

CSL
    I realize that this is an old thread, but I will take any opportunity to say that I love my SR9!
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

SR9c is what I have. I have high regard for the Glock line, and the SR9c is at least as good, only with a better trigger and more ergonomic grip. It's smaller than standard "compact" but larger than a "sub-compact", perfect for CC. A whole lot more gun than the LC9.

The internals are essentially a copy of the Glock mechanism.

My husband had an SR9 and I loved it way more than what I had at the time (S&W Sigma). Great gun. Loved shooting it.

Wife has the SR9C, awesome gun.

SR9 is a great gun. If it feels good in your hands, get it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links