Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

This is a discussion on Any Ruger SR9 Owners? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've only owned Rifles and Shotguns until a few weeks ago when I picked out a pistol for protection/possible concealed carry. Just would like to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

Any Ruger SR9 Owners?

I've only owned Rifles and Shotguns until a few weeks ago when I picked out a pistol for protection/possible concealed carry.

Just would like to know the general opinion of this firearm.

They are a nice weapon... If your looking for a daily carry gun, check out the SR9c. You will not be disappointed...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I did check the SR9c. Certainly nice, but I opted for the full-size as I liked the feel and want to use it for more than just carrying.

The full size is a nice shooting gun. Hope you enjoy it.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I have a SR9c and carry it every day. I have over 1300 rounds through it and no FTF/FTE whatsoever. It will eat any ammo you feed it.

VIP Member
    SR9 - solid and reliable. The trigger may not be as nice as a Glock or M&P, but for a striker-fired handgun, it isn't bad.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

With the SR9c, you add the option to carry with the 10rd mag or add the 17rd mag with the grip adaptor, which (as far as I know) effectively makes it into a SR9? Anywho, I LOVE my SR9c, sweet trigger, accurate, and a breeze to carry in my CBST

I have a bunch of Rugers the SR9 is on my list of ones to get. My older P89 full size is a fine weapon. The SR9C is my CC most of the time.
    Others that have the SR9C already know it is an over looked gem in so many way.
    And the SR9 is a fine weapon one you do not hear enough about but as good as they get no madder what you spend on others.

My Dad has an SR9c that has been kind to him from day one. No complaints on that weapon, it has run like a champ. If you like it and shoot it well then I say go for it.

I have a SR9c, great to carry and very accurate at the range, got a new SR40 at Christmas very nice shooter anad fits in the same SHTF holster as the
    SR9c. Like both of them no problems with either about 1500 thru the 9 and 500+ thru the 40 not one hic-up.

My SR9c has been my EDC for a year and a half. 2000+ rounds through it. Great shooter, and easy to carry.

It is a great gun! It's my every day carry and I haven't had any problems with it.

I have the full size, love at first sight. I do not carry it daily as I don't have a good concealed carry holster, but I bought it for home use and teaching the kids. I have a few hundred rounds through mine, bought used. No issues.

The 9c is very accurate and I, personally, like the trigger safety and load change indicator. Im a "beginner" too and its nice for that verification. Very accurate to shoot and fits a midsized hand very nicely IMHO. Very nice first gun for concealed carry...not too big to carry nor too small to extend your finger pas the muzzle and control and hold nicely.
    Consultick likes this.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Yeah, I'll be carrying the full-size...I want to find a good outside-the-belt conceal holster that sits higher (more under the shirt) than my normal SERPA holster.

I really do like the loaded indicator when a round is in the chamber and I like the external safety. Why is the Glock trigger better than this trigger?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links