Securing a gun on a motorcycle?

This is a discussion on Securing a gun on a motorcycle? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm It's not the price of the stolen gun that you need to worry about; it's the value of the life that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Securing a gun on a motorcycle?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It's not the price of the stolen gun that you need to worry about; it's the value of the life that could be taken by irresponsibly allowing it to fall in the wrong hands.
    i agree and was not trying to be flippant, sorry if it came across that way. As I said, everything involves some type of compromise and securing a firearm is no different.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Put about 20 rounds of duct tape on it and it will never move from that spot.

It's not the price of the stolen gun that you need to worry about; it's the value of the life that could be taken by irresponsibly allowing it to fall in the wrong hands.
    I would have a problem with placing responsibility on the person who had his property stolen. Especially if that property was stolen as a direct result of a person following the laws that caused him to leave it where it could be easily taken.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Bad call all the way around leaving a weapon on a motorcycle in any manner. Too easily compromised.
    We'll just have to disagree. As you said, on cars it's just as applicable. I know a thief we had who stole cars a lot, and he can open your door with no key, faster than you could with your key. One person locked their keys in their car and no one could seem to break into the car. So, I went and borrowed him out of the jail (with the judge's permission) and asked him to do it. He walked up (wire and small screw driver) and had it open faster than if we had the key.

But, the motion alarm will go off if you even rest your finger on my bike, so I'm alerted and it attracts attention to keep them from going any further. Also, it's better to me than being totally unarmed ..... which isn't going to happen.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Any Gun can be stolen you have to do the best you can to secure it.
    I use a nano vault 300 tethered with the cable in the tour pak work well for me Given enough time Someone could get the case but I doubt they would have that much time.

I had a 2007 Cbr 600rr, and at that time I had a kel tec p32 as one of my guns. I would carry that on my persons while riding when I got to my destination I locked it underneath the rear seat fit perfectly and most people won't be paying attention to you while you "play" with your bike and won't know there's a pistol in there.

Don't do it. Either have it on your person, or don't carry it with you period.
    Normally I wouldn't, but I'm parked right beside the sales center and it's a gated community. We have had some problems with vandalism, but that was a resident's son tearing up another resident's house for fun. I'm trying to get into law enforcement, and it would haunt me for ever if my gun ended up in some punk's hands.

EDIT: I am reconsidering the bike. Down here in the lightning capitol of the world, it's a little impractical as a daily use vehicle, and I didn't think about somebody being able to just load the bike into a truck and drive off with it.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Walther PPS

I carried concealed for 8 years in my previous job. No one was the wiser and there was no express policy against carrying at work. I am starting a new job soon where carrying concealed would violate policy and cost me my job. My answer as a regular M/C rider is to carry my Walther PPS. I will lock it to the frame inside a car safe inside my soft top bag. While the PPS isn't my ideal or preferred EDC, it has the removable "Key" in the grip that renders the gun unusable without the key installed. I would hate to have it stolen, but at least I can take comfort in knowing that it's an expensive paperweight as long as I remove the key before headed into work. I can't see a better solution, but I'm not about to ask my new employer if they provide secure lockup for personal firearms.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I would have to advise against it. After working many Bike Weeks in Daytona on the Anti-Theft Task Force I saw waaay too many bikes get stolen! What good is a locked compartment if they steal the whole bike? One year I think it was 95', we had 147 bikes stolen in ONE week! YMMV.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

My bike does not have any hard lockable storage containers or anywhere to really fit a gun. 99% of the time when I ride I will also stop some place that is prohibited by law, mainly restaurants. So I just don't carry when I ride.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links