New Plinker Ruger LCR .22LR

This is a discussion on New Plinker Ruger LCR .22LR within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not a CC gun, unless it's loaded with snake shot while out fishing maybe. But a fun one to plink at pop cans or whatever. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tkruf

Thread: New Plinker Ruger LCR .22LR

New Plinker Ruger LCR .22LR

Not a CC gun, unless it's loaded with snake shot while out fishing maybe. But a fun one to plink at pop cans or whatever.

I can't wait to take it out. I can put a lot of ammo down range for cheap with this.

Now I have all three. .22LR .38 and .357. I sent an email to Ruger asking for a .327 Mag in this gun. I can hope.

JoJoGunn and azchevy like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Specs? Weight? 14.7oz unloaded Price? Around $525, not incl transfer fee.

Oh wait, here's a review from Gunblast:

Ruger's New LCR 22 Revolver

nice little gun,congrats..

I had one of these for a minute. Fun gun, but after a few trips to the range I couldn't see a use for it. Ended up selling it. The guy needed something to teach his wife with.

Mine was surprisingly accurate. Really liked the trigger too. It was the only revolver I could shoot accurately. May try out the .38 one day.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I had one of these for a minute. Fun gun, but after a few trips to the range I couldn't see a use for it. Ended up selling it. The guy needed something to teach his wife with.

Mine was surprisingly accurate. Really liked the trigger too. It was the only revolver I could shoot accurately. May try out the .38 one day.
    I have all three versions of the LCR. .38, .357, and .22. I'm looking forward to killing some soda cans with it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    It will be a great plinker as well as a great platform to train with, etc. I'd love to have a small caliber gun to train with but at the same time, I'm thinking adjusting myself to recoil should also be a part of training as well. So for cost sake, train with the smaller caliber gun but continue to train with something that has the recoil that you will need to be acclimated with, etc. is what I'm thinking when it comes to things like these matters.

Looks like a great gun. Congrats on the new addition. ;-)

Nice.

I got my wife the LCR in .357 magnum for her birthday last year, she loves it, so do I.

I bet it is just as good in .22 as the higher caliber ones.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I've been considering trading my Mark III in on one of these. I love shooting LCRs.

Look's great! Let us know what you think of it after a day at the range please.

Man I like that! That's gotta be a fun little .22 to have around for plinking around. Congrats T..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Local guy at the range said current stats are more BG killed with .22 than any other round. I would have kept it and used it when walking my dog around property, or as a pocket dropper in summer shorts since it probably weighed nothing. With the new tri-shot ammo and Spear's CCI Stingers, it's probably about as deadly as any of the .380's on the market and has 8 rounds. Ruger makes some good products that last years. Have you seen the new SR-22 they just developed? Looks GR8!

Gunsmoke16: Yeah, I saw the report that AZCHEVY did on the SR-22 and it is now on my short list of guns to purchase.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Links