Glock 19 - issues today

Glock 19 - issues today

This is a discussion on Glock 19 - issues today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to buy a m&p9 today well no one had one in my area so I settled for the 19 it was a good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 19 - issues today

Glock 19 - issues today

I went to buy a m&p9 today well no one had one in my area so I settled for the 19 it was a good deal. Blue label gun 425 with 3 mags and another 60 for night sights installed. I got delayed. Everytime I buy I get delayed. So I started having my wife buy my guns, well I couldn't do that this time sense I had to show my military I'd for the discount. So I wait 3 days and then drive another 45 min. To pick it up. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 8th, 2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: removed language

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DW1911fan View Post
    I went to buy a m&p9 today well no one had one in my area so I settled for the 19 it was a good deal. Blue label gun 425 with 3 mags and another 60 for night sights installed. I got delayed. Everytime I buy I get delayed. So I started having my wife buy my guns, well I couldn't do that this time sense I had to show my military I'd for the discount. So I wait 3 days and then drive another 45 min. To pick it up. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Nope... I just walk in with my permit and walk out with my firearm. All the heavy lifting is done when you get your permit.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 8th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    There are plenty of gun shops around here and most will install the sights for free if you purchase them there or the gun. All in stock Glocks have been on sale for $499.00 ( gen 3). We have a 48 hour wait on hand guns. I hope they change the law so ccw permit holders can just past the back ground check and take it with you not have to come back two days later.

VIP Member
    It usually takes them longer to run my credit card, then it does for me to fill out the 1-page form after I lay my permit on the counter.

God Bless South Carolina
    IAm_Not_Lost and phreddy like this.

In Missouri the permit doesn't matter. I have mine and asked if it would work...no go. It was a Gen 4

I am looking to add a gen 3 G19 to my arsenal but everyone that has reasonable prices are always sold out. I am even on the lookout for a used one and they get snapped up fast. In fact I prefer a used gun that has all the kinks worked out of it.

Im in northern Ky. Wife bought me a G19 Gen 4 for xmas. LGS had to trade with a GS in Cleveland to get it and it took a week. What that tells me is that we are making a good choice with the G19.

Quote Originally Posted by DW1911fan View Post
    I went to buy a m&p9 today well no one had one in my area so I settled for the 19 ...
    Settled? I have a few friends that are happy with the m&p platform but you didn't settle IMO. You picked, arguably the best carry gun on the market... and I'm a 1911 guy at heart. Carrying a G-19 right now BTW.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I am looking to add a gen 3 G19 to my arsenal but everyone that has reasonable prices are always sold out. I am even on the lookout for a used one and they get snapped up fast. In fact I prefer a used gun that has all the kinks worked out of it.
    Gander Gun World has all brand new Gen 3 ( except G-21) on sale for $499.00 I purchased my G-19 new from another store that had a Gen 3 clearance and got it for $450.00. I must have been it the right place at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Prefer not a used Gen 3, exist not do kinks.
    ZX9RCAM likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I vote for a thread title change. I came in here armed with my BS stamp thinking someone was having issues with the operation of the GLOCK 19 pistol, instead they were having issues purchasing a pistol.
    Last edited by joker1; February 9th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
    tubadude likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    There are plenty of gun shops around here and most will install the sights for free if you purchase them there or the gun. All in stock Glocks have been on sale for $499.00 ( gen 3). We have a 48 hour wait on hand guns. I hope they change the law so ccw permit holders can just past the back ground check and take it with you not have to come back two days later.
    I was also hoping to not have to make a second trip, when buying a handgun!

I have several Glocks, including a 19, and they shoot ok, and always function, but, I prefer the ergonomics of the M&Ps. Plus, you can drop an apex kit in an M&P and get a LOT better trigger pull!

VIP Member
    If you always get delayed then you can get a personal ID number to make things go smoother. I've never needed one but I'm sure someone can chime in to help you out. IIRC JD knows about getting a PIN.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH45 View Post
    I was also hoping to not have to make a second trip, when buying a handgun!

I have several Glocks, including a 19, and they shoot ok, and always function, but, I prefer the ergonomics of the M&Ps. Plus, you can drop an apex kit in an M&P and get a LOT better trigger pull!
    Yep I hate to have to go back to pick up a hand gun two days later. Several states allow you to purchase without wait if you are a license holder.
    I also have other hand guns that shoot great and have good triggers, but for the price... the Glock makes a great carry gun. I don't care about holster rash or worry about the finish. Just shoots.

The point of this thread is the purchase delay, not the M&P vs Glock thing, right?

I also live in MO and I used to get delayed on every purchase. When I got my permit, the problem area surfaced and I got it cleared up, so I fly through every time now. But you've got your permit, so you're past that.

I was told a while back that for some reason ex-military and some LEO types usually get delayed. No reason was given, but the guy who's my FFL and does all my mail order purchases told me and he does a few every day. So I believe him.

timmy is right, get a federal background PIN and you should be good to go. Any gun shop should have the form you need. May be a download from the net. Could take a few weeks to process, but no hassles from then on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links